• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 very shy Linnies landed

Rae B

Moving in
Real Name
Rachael
Hi all, I have 2 beautiful but very shy female Linnies just landed. I planned on just 1 but these two are sisters and seem pretty bonded. I’m aware it will take more time to bond and happy to put the effort in. I have recently had fantastic success with the tiel who was very shy and quiet and is now a mischief maker. I’m just wondering with Linnies what’s a good place to start, they seem very different and interacting very differently to my tiel - which is great and as expected. But I feel millet isn’t attractive enough to tempt them over. They are known to be hand shy… so what other tactics can be used to give them confidence. I’m keen to give them confidence to get out of the cage and let them have a fly, but I tend not to do this until I know we have a way to coax them back in which isn’t stressful to them or us.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´ll tag some members who may have tips. @Leih has two boys, and @Dona has two girls :)

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Linnies do tend to be hand shy, mine are no exception. Most linnies are big eaters so you probably just need to give them some time to settle in. You'll probably notice that they tend to be more cautious and will freeze in place when startled. How old are they? I ask because linnies tend to go through a rough puberty around 10 months and can be very hot tempered, which does usually go away, but it is not a good time to work on training. Neither of mine step up, we have a "look but don't touch" relationship. I'll also tag @NorthernGannet who has I think four linnies.