• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 Questions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I was wondering....1) what is the difference between a mash, and a collection of chopped vegetables that you have cooked/steamed, and 2) where do you place your perches so your small birds don't poop in their bowls while they're eating? Risa's (BHP) bowl is a big ceramic one, so she steps from the perch on to the bowl, and bends into the bowl to get the food, then turns around, still standing on the bowl, and eats. She poops in her bowls sometimes that way. There aren't any perches above her bowls so she can't be pooping from above. Any suggestions? Thanks.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
1. I think most people's mashes also contain grains such as rice, quinoa, amaranth, kamut, etcetera :)
2. Hmm, interesting that she turns around to eat, neither of my budgies have ever done that. Is the perch close enough so that she does not need to step off of it and onto the bowl in order to eat? That might help?

patrice

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Patrice M
Try using a "hooded" crock. That solved the same problem for my Senegal.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I was wondering....1) what is the difference between a mash, and a collection of chopped vegetables that you have cooked/steamed, and 2) where do you place your perches so your small birds don't poop in their bowls while they're eating?
1) A mash usually has beans/rice in it and chopped veggies don't usually, but I mix my chopped veggies with my bean/rice mix sometimes and that is 1 way that my fids like them.

2)- I usually don't have that problem. I put the perches away from the food bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.