• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent 2 month old conure

nouraa7

Moving in
i just got my two month and a half conure and he doesn't have his food with him, i am not sure what i can feed him, all he's been eating before i got him was this formula food that you add water with, any idea what i can feed him

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where did you get the baby and can you contact the breeder/the person who sold him to you? Do you know how to handfeed? I hope the baby is OK. Do you have a scale to monitor his weight? Do you have syringes and a means of checking the temperature of the formula? I used Kaytee Exact with my babies and I would add a small amount of baby food such as applesauce or peaches to the formula.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good that your bird is OK. Did you get a scale to monitor his/her weight?

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I hope all goes well with your baby, at 2 1/2 months he's probably newly weaned and it is common for babies to regress a little and want handfeeding when they're in a new home.
It sounds like you got the formula he's used to already, which is good. If you aren't experienced at handfeeding, you should be able to just offer the formula on a spoon or from a dish you hold to his mouth.

Be sure to offer him some other foods that are easy to eat such as soaked pellets, oatmeal, or soft veggies.