• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 conures into 1 cage ?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo has started screaming a lot when she go's back into her cage this is not becaue she has gone back into her cage this is because she isnt with KiKi anymore she hangs on the side of her cage screaming for KeeK's:( KiKi just cracks on without a care in the world playing with her toys.

They are now getting on exceptionally well outside of there cages with Mojo ocassionally being quite overwhelming to little Kicker who thankfully now flies straight to me when it all gets to much for her ( she still hates my hands but will quite happily have them keep Mojo away )

I have had to try and manage Mojo following Keeks into her cage as KiKi doeant like her being in there however Mojo just heads on in and is happy in for the night so i am now having to get KiKi back out of her cage not hard as she doesnt want to be i there with Mojo, Mojo is a bit tougher to get out :nocomment:

Once both back out i give them both a few mins and then call KiKi to her cage then pick the diva up and put her back in her house all good and then the flock calling screaming starts, She is totally calling for KiKI as her call for me is very different.

I really dont know how to approach this Mojo can not be with KiKi as thats not what K appears to want as she gets distressed but now Mojo is getting distressed when she is not with KeeK.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I currently cage all my burds side by side. Even tho some would like to live together. But issues...no aggression but one always seem to be uncomfortable accessing for dishes even if I have multiple available and the other could care less if they shared.

I've given them chances and observed and weighed daily. And somebody always looses weight. ( multiple burds and given tge girls different options /combos of 2 a chance. So I stick to letting them out together and caged separate at night.

I did have 2 gcc girls share a cage a majority of their life. But occasionally, I'd have to go back and cage side by side again because of tiff. I even tried a 5 foot deep wide and high cage that was so big I could climb inside thinking with thst much room and how bonded they usually were it work. But I still had to separate some times.

So its really an individual thing. You can try and see. Some do fine some don't.

But I think if you have side by side. They will get used to the routine

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
But I think if you have side by side. They will get used to the routine
they are both side by side

So its really an individual thing. You can try and see. Some do fine some don't
it's not a indivual thing imo its about my birds...

some do fine some dont ??? thats quite hit and miss isnt it

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm talking about the birds. They are the individuals . As in individual birds vary in how they do..one of the pair may be fine with it while the other is not.

It is hit and miss in my experience. Sorry I thought you requested thoughts and experiences? Those are tge experiences I've had.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
they are both side by side

it's not a indivual thing imo its about my birds...

some do fine some dont ??? thats quite hit and miss isnt it
Mmm.. re read my post seemed pretty clear.

A bit surprised at the snark.