• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

2 bonded green cheek conures

MizzieJ

Moving in
Hi guys with a heavy heart I am writing this rehoming post.

I have 2 very gorgeous silly and tame conures. They have bags of personality and character and I love them dearly.

There has been multiple reasons for this decision and its been a very hard to come to terms with.
In the last 2 yrs I have suffered with severe sciatica which is a painful back condition. It limits my movement and I find it hard to even clean their cage.
I struggled along with this but then recently we were both made redundant which was a massive blow.
We've managed to find jobs but our new hrs (starting at 10am and not finishing until 11pm) are crazy and in the last week my babies haven't had any interaction or out time.
This has made them very stressed and I feel terrible but I'm too tired to get up earlier to get them out.
These last few months have several affected my mental health and feel I'm slipping into depression :sad2:

So we made the decision to find them a suitable new home we feel this would be best all round.

We are in scotland fife and will be asking for a rehoming fee, so they go to a good home.
They will come with their large cage and everthing they own ( it's alot).

I'll post a pic. Lulu is the pineapple conure and kermit is the yellow sided.

20191115_222458.jpg

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I am so sorry. I hope you find a loving home for them.

They are so beautiful

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Been there, done that and I understand. Important thing is the new people and new home they provide. Best of luck in your search.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry...they are stunning.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very sorry that you have to rehome them. Hope you are able to find them a wonderful new home.

Oelder519

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Olivia Elder
Where are you located? I've been looking for a conure.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Reactions: Ali

MizzieJ

Moving in
Hi guys with a heavy heart I am writing this rehoming post.

I have 2 very gorgeous silly and tame conures. They have bags of personality and character and I love them dearly.

There has been multiple reasons for this decision and its been a very hard to come to terms with.
In the last 2 yrs I have suffered with severe sciatica which is a painful back condition. It limits my movement and I find it hard to even clean their cage.
I struggled along with this but then recently we were both made redundant which was a massive blow.
We've managed to find jobs but our new hrs (starting at 10am and not finishing until 11pm) are crazy and in the last week my babies haven't had any interaction or out time.
This has made them very stressed and I feel terrible but I'm too tired to get up earlier to get them out.
These last few months have several affected my mental health and feel I'm slipping into depression :sad2:

So we made the decision to find them a suitable new home we feel this would be best all round.

We are in scotland fife and will be asking for a rehoming fee, so they go to a good home.
They will come with their large cage and everthing they own ( it's alot).

I'll post a pic. Lulu is the pineapple conure and kermit is the yellow sided.

View attachment 349475
They have now been rehomed and to a lovely home too.