• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

18 year old Goffins rehome

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovathsto

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sierra Ortega
I have a Goffins named Dhalia, I suspect she’s female but haven’t checked. She’s a plucker and very cuddly! I unfortunately have to rehome her as I will be moving out once I have the funds and can’t take her with me. She was owned for 15 years by a smoker and she is very fond of men! I would prefer for a man to own her for that reason, but as long as you’re loving and experienced it doesn’t really matter!
It is heartbreaking to think about parting with her, but none of my family enjoys her and she needs a family so she can have more attention. She is prone to biting as a way to express she is not satisfied when she isn’t given enough attention, and she does scream when her person is out of the room.
I don’t know her temperament with other birds, but she doesn’t like other animals such as cats or dogs. She hisses at my cat when she sees him haha! She enjoys watching my snake eat (he’s in the tank of course) and watches with curiosity. She is in a love/hate relationship with broccoli, loves eggs and potatoes, throws her greens on the floor and loves those oven baked bird cookies! She (seems to?) loves kisses on the head and will show her head to you. She loves being pet and given head massages and will beg for food with a little “oowhee?”
Dhalia can only say “what” and “pretty bird” as of now, she doesn’t seem to speak unless she’s comfortable with you! It isn’t a stress response or a preface to any aggression as far as I’ve experienced.
I’m not rushing to get rid of her, and I would like to have a gradual introduction before she is rehomed. A few trips to see if she is comfortable with you and the family, letting her explore where you plan to keep her, letting her know where she is before she stays there. I love this bird with all of my heart and I don’t want to put her through any unnecessary stress apart from the moving process.
If you have any questions or would like to inquire about adopting her, we live in St. Petersburg, FL! Dhalia needs a family with plenty of time and experience for her, both of which seem to be running low at home. I’d rather her thrive than have the bare minimum and I just don’t seem to be the person she needs. But I’ll be damned if I let her go to any ol’ Joe! I’d prefer someone that knows how to handle cockatoos, pluckers especially! Someone with plenty of patience and a big enough house for her to have her own room. Older children, if any, since she’s never been around ages younger than 16. Her birthday is not known, but her Gotcha Day was August 13th last year so I count that as it! 6217A57F-A61A-401C-B134-8FFB4F946D50.jpeg 100C333D-65FA-4403-B426-6ACEDB620CED.jpeg 6217A57F-A61A-401C-B134-8FFB4F946D50.jpeg 100C333D-65FA-4403-B426-6ACEDB620CED.jpeg 139250CB-E1C2-47FF-9CCE-B73AB79DD4D6.jpeg 5899EB85-318A-415A-92F5-689C75077483.jpeg 7AF5E7F5-4AAB-4863-A7FC-0FA8F65F5E53.jpeg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
She's precious! I wish I was closer!! I hope you find her a wonderful loving family!

Status
Not open for further replies.