• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

16 fertilized eggs

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
We have 16 fertilized eggs. I hope they hatch. View attachment 334850
Awe proud mummies :D !! It is nice that they can nest next to each other. My broody silkie would kick everyone out of the house. She was fierce when she had the urge. We never had fertilised eggs, just a hormonal lady.

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Awe proud mummies :D !! It is nice that they can nest next to each other. My broody silkie would kick everyone out of the house. She was fierce when she had the urge. We never had fertilised eggs, just a hormonal lady.

What amazes me even more is the eggs are from are other hens that have our rooster with them and these lady's will sit and protect them with everything they have in them, they are are only two hens that go broody

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
What amazes me even more is the eggs are from are other hens that have our rooster with them and these lady's will sit and protect them with everything they have in them, they are are only two hens that go broody
It isn't that uncommon for chickens to tend to a communal nest. There are also cases of hens who are best friends that raise the chicks together. I look forward to seeing how the eggs come about. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
I will. Im working at home for now so i will get them on my break. We unfortunately have to take them from mom to protect them from the other hens so they are under a heat lamp in our brooder.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Soooooo cute!!!!! :swoon: :cloud9: They´re all so adorable! :loveshower:

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
We have wild chickens here on Maui. The babies are so adorable, and they show no fear and will run towards you until mom and dad sound the alarm. Still cute. We have the most beautiful chickens and roosters here on island. They keep the bugs down.