• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

1 day old lovebird and would love advice! (sad update #141 + #183)

Kristina24

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kristina
Update on Valentine!! She's 6 days old I believe. I haven't had a super accurate weighing of her since the one I ordered got lost in the mail (ordered another one), but the scale I have right now kept jumping back and forth between 4-5g.

IMG_4185.jpeg

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Update on Valentine!! She's 6 days old I believe. I haven't had a super accurate weighing of her since the one I ordered got lost in the mail (ordered another one), but the scale I have right now kept jumping back and forth between 4-5g.

View attachment 373512
Adorable!!! I’m glad to hear she’s doing well.
She doesn’t look much bigger than the last time we saw her... what do you think @Zara

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She doesn’t look much bigger than the last time we saw her...
That´s because there´s not much to compare her to, and we can´t see her with our own eyes.

Do I think she looks small? Maybe. The picture being taken a little back also makes her look smaller. It´s like what I said before, this is the drawback with internet advice , there´s only so much people can help with online.

I posted a playlist on youtube, I think I already posted the link for Kristina in the prev. thead back in October.
Direct link
Our birds will be different because Valentine has yellow fuzz, whereas the ones in the video have grey/white.

Kristina24

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kristina
I posted a playlist on youtube, I think I already posted the link for Kristina in the prev. thead back in October.
Direct link
Our birds will be different because Valentine has yellow fuzz, whereas the ones in the video have grey/white.
I do look at your playlist on your lovebirds! I definitely do see that she has grown since she hatched maybe not as fast but I'm happy she's gaining weight and not losing weight. Speaking of weight...the weighing scale finally came in so I can get an accurate weigh in later on (meaning early morning tomorrow) when her crop is empty.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Happy 1 week Valentine. :loveshower:

:angel6:

Be less confusing if thread could read Sad Update Phoenix & hope Valentine continues to grow.

Kristina24

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kristina
Valentine's crop is full of air. Any advice on what to do? I wish we can just burp birds like how we burp babies :(

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Valentine's crop is full of air. Any advice on what to do? I wish we can just burp birds like how we burp babies :(

Zara sent me that video when my baby had air stuck in her crop at 5 days old. I wasn’t able to get it out and I had to take her to the vet in the morning where he had to use tubes to get it out because he couldn’t push the air out either.

Try to do what they did in the video but extremely gently. If you can’t work it out then you’ll probably need to take valentine to the vet, but it’s okay to feed with air in the crop as long as it’s not crazy. How much is it?

@Zara

Kristina24

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kristina

Zara sent me that video when my baby had air stuck in her crop at 5 days old. I wasn’t able to get it out and I had to take her to the vet in the morning where he had to use tubes to get it out because he couldn’t push the air out either.

Try to do what they did in the video but extremely gently. If you can’t work it out then you’ll probably need to take valentine to the vet, but it’s okay to feed with air in the crop as long as it’s not crazy. How much is it?

@Zara
I'm just scared that it might turn into sour crop or is sour crop.

IMG_4204.jpeg

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I'm just scared that it might turn into sour crop or is sour crop.

View attachment 373899
I’ve seen way worse. Honestly that looks like the same amount of air in the crop that my Phoenix had. Try to burp it out, I had to poke her beak with the syringe I used to get her mouth to open. But if the air doesn’t budge at all, then don’t force it

Kristina24

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kristina
How’s it going?
Tried burping her but didn't work/not sure if I was doing it correctly. She just pooped after her 10pm eating so I'm happy about that. Hoping she'll be okay through the night so I can take her to the vet in the morning.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Tried burping her but didn't work/not sure if I was doing it correctly. She just pooped after her 10pm eating so I'm happy about that. Hoping she'll be okay through the night so I can take her to the vet in the morning.
I’m sure she’ll be okay. Air in the crop itself isn’t extremely serious, my Phoenix still gets air in her crop, it’s when it doesn’t empty by itself and the possible cause of it. But I’m sure she’ll make it to the vet, especially if she’s still eating/pooping

Kristina24

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kristina
I’m sure she’ll be okay. Air in the crop itself isn’t extremely serious, my Phoenix still gets air in her crop, it’s when it doesn’t empty by itself and the possible cause of it. But I’m sure she’ll make it to the vet, especially if she’s still eating/pooping
She doesn't seem like herself, which is what has me worried :(

Kristina24

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kristina
What’s different about her? Temperature and humidity are okay?
Yeah temp is at a constant 96-98. Humidity is at 58-60%. She doesn't chirp as much during feeding time. I think the air in her crop is making her extremely uncomfortable.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Yeah temp is at a constant 96-98. Humidity is at 58-60%. She doesn't chirp as much during feeding time. I think the air in her crop is making her extremely uncomfortable.
It could be. It could be making her feel more full so she’s not as eager to eat. For now, everything is running smoothly on the inside so I have faith that she’ll make it through the night. Try not to stress too much, it’s out of your control until the vet opens

Kristina24

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kristina
It could be. It could be making her feel more full so she’s not as eager to eat. For now, everything is running smoothly on the inside so I have faith that she’ll make it through the night. Try not to stress too much, it’s out of your control until the vet opens
Thank you :sad5: it's gonna be a sleepless night more than usual