• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures ❤️ Gísli ❤️

Just for fun! Is Gísli male or female?

• Male

• Female

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks...I needed a little cuteness this morning...everybirdie here is in a crabby mood...must be because it's dark and rainy... ;)
It´s pretty gloomy here... Considering this time last week I was on the beach getting a sun tan and feeding the sparrows.
I made a video... because apparently I film everything nowadays :lol:

I have another cute video os Gisli, I´ll get it uploaded once it finishes processing :bliss:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have added a poll just for fun! Place your predictions, is the little one a boy or a girl?
I´ll come back when I know and let you all know who was right... correct guesses win the satisfaction of being a psychic sally :D

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have added a poll just for fun! Place your predictions, is the little one a boy or a girl?
I´ll come back when I know and let you all know who was right... correct guesses win the satisfaction of being a psychic sally :D
Oooh well I'm going for male purely because my intuition says female and I'm almost always wrong on these matters!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:congrats5:
What a adorable fid!!! So pretty :heart::xflove:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I thought I posted this video here but obviously I didn´t:

Gísli is struggling to find a place here. That´s no surprise - everyone else is coupled up male/female, Aldora and Lapis are laying and Adelie is cavity seeking so noone is interested in flying with the newcomer.
I think I have made videos since and I just made a video now of Gisli watching Adelie and Sydney shredding... :swoon:
I still don´t know about gender... I just hope he´s a boy!

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Oh. My. Gawwwwwwd!! That is the cutest little floof! Congrats!!
I can see why you named after a ray of sunshine, Gisli is soo pretty it hurts my heart to look at him :laugh:
And yes, I’m saying HIM because my first feeling was female and like @Khizz I’m almost always wrong. And you are rooting for boy so we’ll just go with that for now:lol:
Welcome to the Avenue you sweet baby!
:grpwelcome::starshower1:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
That is the sweetest little millet munching I have ever seen. :swoon:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Things have been very interesting around here. Gisli certainly is a unique bird.
Right now s/he is going through the non stop singing stage.... all day every day unless s/he is asleep.
We are also going through that nippy stage, oh the fun!
This bird is unlike all of my other birds. Flight is not like my other birds, really strange, flying quick and just all over the place like those little planes in airshows and sped up 50 times.
Gisli has an obession with sitting on Sydneys cage. and watching them through the bars :knockknock: Creepy. S/he likes to try fall asleep on top of their cage.
IMG_20200407_125658.jpg
IMG_20200402_192328.jpg
I´m typing this all out and Gisli is in the cage chattering away but with head tucked under the wing falling asleep very noisily.
Here is a clip of Gislis non-stop singing:
I think I already said that I can´t buy a new cage yet, hopefully this starts to calm down soon and I´ll be able to import one.

We have had success introducing pellets, but not much progress with veggies:
(Note the little nip to my palm)

A few days ago, I was cleaning the cages and I put Gislis cage on the floor for a little while. Later I returned it to the original place, but when I tried getting Gisli out for evening snuggles, they were petrified of me. I took the top of the cage off and came over and waited on the sofa and eventually Gisli did come and snuggle. The next day the same thing. The day after, Yesterday, I opened the cage door expecting him/her to run away but Gisli came running out and up my arm to greet me. Today, I opened the cage door, and s/he just sat hiding behind Adelies dragon, I clipped the door open and after 5 mins s/he came flying over. Just very interesting. Recently it´s been impossible to know what to expect.
Making dinner the other night(heating ramen) , Gísli doesn't move from under my hair at all,
IMG_20200406_222551.jpg

As for finding a flock, as I said before, Gisli loves sitting on Sydneys cage. I have let the three be out together and s/he will sit and watch the couple shredding paper.

I have also had Gisli out with the Blue team, s/he enjoyed playing on the park with Nube, rumaging around the toys and playing while mum Aldora sat ovewrhead watching.
Nube was ok with that... however the next day when I let them out, Nube and Lapis were on my laptop shredding paper, and Nube would charge Gisli if s/he got too close. I have a video of that, I will be sure to post it, very interestnig that Lapis was so laid back and it was Nube who was the aggressor.

So really, Gisli hasn´t quite found a flock to fly with. We will have to wait and see. But I do see the same rejection by the Blue team with Gisli like they rejected Adelie.

I also found this video clip of Gisli and Charlie playing on the park for the first time:

As for sex, I haven´t even checked pelvic bones yet, and behaviour could really be either. So it´s still a mystery!
I´ll edit this post on my mobile and add a picture or two :)
And I'm not sure I posted this pic of Gísli and Adélie,
IMG_20200322_163850.jpg

Last edited: