• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

✮ The Favourite Toy Thread ✮

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I thought this could be fun, interesting and helpful!
It could help us find toys our own birds might like, as well as get to know a little more about each others birds! :bliss:

1. Name and Species of your bird
Incl. if eldery, special needs, etc.

2. Toy picture
Incl. name of toy/toy part
If you can´t decide on one, post your birds favourite two toys

You can use a picture from the web if you don´t have a photo.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Gísli - Roseicollis lovebird

Aside from his whale girlfriend, this is his fave,
IMG_20210614_130710.jpg
Small Hang Tough from SSBT

Jaime - lovebird,

Ceitec silly saucer is his fave,
IMG_20210614_130911.jpg
I added beads to the chains on ours

Aldora - Lovebird,

She loves the Cork perches,
Screenshot_20210614_134915.jpg
Screenshot_20210614_135933.jpg mine are Back Zoo Nature brand but I'm sure there are other brands available in other parts of the world

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
This might be fun and inspiring to try new toys. :)

Chaos GW Macaw.

Planet Pleasures Pineapple toy
And Ball Thing, not sure who made this one.

Pinapple foraging toy.jpg VINE BALL CLUSTER.jpg

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo - pineapple conure

The following i made myself after one i bought was quickly destroyed.
Lolly sticks and beads with paper string threaded through them. She loves swinging on it and chewing on the lolly sticks.
She has two on the go one in her cage and one hanging in the conservatory.

20210614_133529.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lapis Lazuli - Lovebird

She loves skewers loaded with shreddables. Particularly the banana leaf stuff,
IMG_20210423_125521.jpg as an example this has egg cartón, popsicle stick, mahogany pod, paper cupcake liners, banana leaf plait, raffia, kitchen roll tube and gift paper (tissue paper) as well as the plastic spinner to fiddle with.
Skewer is Pet La La Toys (A brand from the Netherlands) but I've seen them sold by Expandable habitats (TNT bird toys sells them)

Nube - Lovebird

He also loves the Cork perches. But he enjoys this toy a lot! He loves poking his beak in the cups looking for treats, and jingling it around to make the cups clank.
This is Happy Cups by Aus creations, I got it from BeMore birds,
IMG_20210614_134336.jpg

Adélie - Lovebird
Special needs-closed foot

Her fave thing of all time has to be football! But this is her fave ball, the orange one is her fave followed by the purple. A red one comes in the pack too but she prefers these two :rolleyes:
IMG_20210614_130511.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh god. Ripley has a lot :lol: l will try to narrow it down...

Ripley - Jardine's Parrot

Caitec Foraging Wheel (Generation 1)
IMG_20181019_105849_523.jpg

Seriously Nutz (literally everything but...) Swept Up...

IMG_20200509_142617_277.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-093709.png

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
JaKhu doesn't have any long enough to take pictures, LOL. The Ball Thing posted above....she totally destroyed one of those in 2 days. The big chime balls she rips apart in a few minutes. In a few hours it's in pieces in the bottom of her cage. She has snapped 1/4 inch thick acrylic. Wood toys are turned into toothpicks in minutes. She's a feathered wrecking ball!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Felix - cockatiel
20210614_094850_Film4.jpg
It is a close one, as he has taken to a few toys, but for now this is his favorite. It is DIY designed after the Planet Pleasures Mini Balls And Stars. He loves foraging from it.

Mark - budgie
20210614_094924_Film4.jpg
This toy originally had colorful paper straws wrapped around cotton strands (I could not find a picture). But I removed those and replaced with paper. From Petco I believe. Mark has had this toy since he first arrived.

Parker- budgie
20210614_094958_Film4.jpg
Parker loves a seagrass mat swing. The mat itself I bought from California Bird Nerds. Parker used to love any yucca, but has since changed his preference. Mark really likes this toy too.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Jenks- GCC

He loves loves his Brick House Bell from Stainless Steel Bird toys. It is his first go to toy to express himself. AKA he loves to bang it and rattle it if I'm not moving fast enough in the am. :lol:

He also loves to tear into anything from Seriously Nutz and Lil Monsters especially balsa. There usually isn't much left after beaver Jenks gets done with them.

Stainless Steel Brickhouse Bells - For Smaller Birds

IMG_1983.jpg

Balsa Blast ~ Seriously Nutz ~ Small Bird Toy. Balsa Wood & Mahogany Pods. Conure Caique Parakeet, Cockatiel

IMG_0400.jpg

Triathalon

IMG_1435.JPG

Toot-Toot- Senior Pineapple GCC

Toot so far does not play with any toys we have tried so we keep trying. Although not a toy Toot enjoys this perch that John made very very much. It is where he spends a lot of time during the day looking out the window. The wood is very smooth and I think it is easy on his feet so he prefers to spend time here.

Unique handcrafted parrot stuff by ParrotParaphernalia

IMG_2503.jpg

Last edited:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Jenks- GCC

He loves loves his Brick House Bell from Stainless Steel Bird toys. It is his first go to toy to express himself. AKA he loves to bang it and rattle it if I'm not moving fast enough in the am. :lol:

He also loves to tear into anything from Seriously Nutz and Lil Monsters especially balsa. There usually isn't much left after beaver Jenks gets done with them.

Stainless Steel Brickhouse Bells - For Smaller Birds

IMG_1983.jpg
This bell is the only real toy my Aldora has ever played with. I listed her fave toy as cork perch, because she loves ripping them to bits, but RE toys, this is the only one she played with in all the years with me, and that was only over this last year she would ring the bell and hop around the perch tugging it :)
Bonus points on this toy is it sounds really nice to listen to for us humans :lol:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Oh god. Ripley has a lot :lol: l will try to narrow it down...

Ripley - Jardine's Parrot

Caitec Foraging Wheel (Generation 1)
View attachment 385982

Seriously Nutz (literally everything but...) Swept Up...
I can vouch for that foraging wheel! One of my Goffin's favorites. :)

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
This bell is the only real toy my Aldora has ever played with. I listed her fave toy as cork perch, because she loves ripping them to bits, but RE toys, this is the only one she played with in all the years with me, and that was only over this last year she would ring the bell and hop around the perch tugging it :)
Bonus points on this toy is it sounds really nice to listen to for us humans :lol:
:xflove: It is such a great bell!! He loves it, so glad to hear she loves it as well. Would it be one that you recommend for a lovebird? Friends of the family just got a lovebird and I was thinking about getting them a few toys for it as a welcome bird gift.

Gigibirds

Pistache - Parrotlet (hates most toys except this one)
Sola Atta ANYTHING - especially when it is on a skewer and has a cupcake wrapper and a bell (This pic is from Bonka bird toys)
bbd798a9-556a-44e5-b4d0-8f21a9956ee5_1.8bd854004129fa74c0a9661596959188.jpg Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.37.49 AM.png

All of my lovebirds:Prevue Hendryx Cal Sea Yums Dollar Bird Toy
It is their favourite thing in the world....also a scrap piece of string with a really nice sounding bell on the end :roflmao:
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.39.13 AM.png

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pistachio & Marzipan the budgies like the small brickhouse bell best, especially the beads that are on the one they have (not my second one) & can be moved around.

Aurelius likes the keys to my heart best, from Lil Monsters.

Winston likes whatever Aurelius is playing with. It's very cute. I think he tries to teach him. :D

All four are budgies!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Would it be one that you recommend for a lovebird? Friends of the family just got a lovebird and I was thinking about getting them a few toys for it as a welcome bird gift.
For sure! It´s on the larger size (for a bell) for a lovebird, but they´re able to play with it and ring it so long as the perch is close enough :)

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Love this threat, great to get some ideas and interesting to see! :heart2:

Sisi - CAG
This is Sisi her favorite kind of toy:
back-zoo-nature-natural-surprise-boxes-large.png

The Back Zoo Nature natural surprise boxes large. She really loves anything that is piñata like. She especially loves softer things like bird kabobs also.

Warlamb

Moving in
Merve seems to love anything she can destroy and her favorites are always changing. Here she is with just a few toys and her play gym that I started building on my lanai in the background. I like her to have different toys and things to climb on to keep her exercising. She is missing the better part of her right foot but she doesnt let it slow her down! 20210614_170918.jpg

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 8.23.21 AM.png This is my cockatiel's FAVORITE toy, the JW Flip & Treat toy. He loves to eat his pellets from it. BTW - I have removed the mirror from the toy. I find the JW brand puts mirrors in their toys and most of their mirrors are easy to remove.

Craftydan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dan Crews
View attachment 386081 This is my cockatiel's FAVORITE toy, the JW Flip & Treat toy. He loves to eat his pellets from it. BTW - I have removed the mirror from the toy. I find the JW brand puts mirrors in their toys and most of their mirrors are easy to remove.
My little Essie loves hers! Put it in her travel cage to give her reasons to want to hang out there.

Replaced the little peg at the top with a small string of leather, fill it with Safflower, and it's become her one-armed bandit :DanitaWins: