• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

“Three Wise Men” Senegals from Birds & Beaks

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Hi all, this is somewhat of a long shot, but as some of you know I’m the one who adopted the trio. When I originally posted about them, someone commented and said they knew the person who originally rescued them from the hoarding situation, before they made it to B&B. I’m just trying to get more information on them, if possible. Any and all tidbits of info would be helpful, or if someone could put me in contact with the person who rescued them, that would be amazing. Shannon knew very little. Thanks in advance!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hi all, this is somewhat of a long shot, but as some of you know I’m the one who adopted the trio. When I originally posted about them, someone commented and said they knew the person who originally rescued them from the hoarding situation, before they made it to B&B. I’m just trying to get more information on them, if possible. Any and all tidbits of info would be helpful, or if someone could put me in contact with the person who rescued them, that would be amazing. Shannon knew very little. Thanks in advance!
That would be me. I seen them before they made it to shannons. I was actually going to get them. But they were gone. It wasn't till you posted originally that I realized they went to shannon. How she got them in not entirely sure.
They were originally posted online at another place, whom my wife and I visited. Forgive me if I can't remember the place as we tend to visit many places, to check on rescues. And we monitor just about all rescues in michigan online. Easy to forget what place had what.
Anyway, I'm surprised Shannon doesn't have more info on the bird trail they came from.
These birds I believe are part of the first hoarding incident. I don't think Shannon had a big roll in that. They came locally around this side of state. Because, many of the birds were taken to 0asis in saginaw, a road off bay road. Many of the birds from that incident are still there.
The lady that took the birds rented space in loft of that place. That place will tell anyone they don't sell parrots, yet there are 10-12 in loft, and they sell parrot food. Very fishy.
The lady that has birds and involved in the rescue, is reluctant to give out any info, and refused to let any of current birds she has from rescue go.
I did have her name and number, but for the life of me, I'm not sure where I placed it...ugh!!
She will not acknowledge she knows Shannon.
Wierd.
But....from what I know, the birds originally used in breeding. They were probably taken from females since they are all brothers around 30 years old, and a bit shy.
Its rather strange, because a couple years back, I had a couple birds I rescued from a bad situation and was screening for new home.
This person outside of Millington/Mayville area wanted both birds. So I did a site visit, this place was filth!! He had a few too's, about a dozen senegals, and few greys, and a few other amazons. A breeder/hoarder. I said no!! No way.
He bugged the crap out of me for them for a couple weeks.
Then suddenly you can't get a hold of him...disappeared or something. So have suspicions that this was the hoarder from first incident...But I'm not really sure.
Wish I could help you more, but the trail is a bit confusing on those birds. Though I'm glad you have them. If I can be of help I'll surely see what I can do to dig up more info.
If your in michigan, sometime when this virus crap is over, I'd liked to get a few Michigan AA members together and meet at the place where the birds are kept from first incident. Maybe we can convince that lady that is keeping them there to release some of these birds. They are not getting proper out time.

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
That would be me. I seen them before they made it to shannons. I was actually going to get them. But they were gone. It wasn't till you posted originally that I realized they went to shannon. How she got them in not entirely sure.
They were originally posted online at another place, whom my wife and I visited. Forgive me if I can't remember the place as we tend to visit many places, to check on rescues. And we monitor just about all rescues in michigan online. Easy to forget what place had what.
Anyway, I'm surprised Shannon doesn't have more info on the bird trail they came from.
These birds I believe are part of the first hoarding incident. I don't think Shannon had a big roll in that. They came locally around this side of state. Because, many of the birds were taken to 0asis in saginaw, a road off bay road. Many of the birds from that incident are still there.
The lady that took the birds rented space in loft of that place. That place will tell anyone they don't sell parrots, yet there are 10-12 in loft, and they sell parrot food. Very fishy.
The lady that has birds and involved in the rescue, is reluctant to give out any info, and refused to let any of current birds she has from rescue go.
I did have her name and number, but for the life of me, I'm not sure where I placed it...ugh!!
She will not acknowledge she knows Shannon.
Wierd.
But....from what I know, the birds originally used in breeding. They were probably taken from females since they are all brothers around 30 years old, and a bit shy.
Its rather strange, because a couple years back, I had a couple birds I rescued from a bad situation and was screening for new home.
This person outside of Millington/Mayville area wanted both birds. So I did a site visit, this place was filth!! He had a few too's, about a dozen senegals, and few greys, and a few other amazons. A breeder/hoarder. I said no!! No way.
He bugged the crap out of me for them for a couple weeks.
Then suddenly you can't get a hold of him...disappeared or something. So have suspicions that this was the hoarder from first incident...But I'm not really sure.
Wish I could help you more, but the trail is a bit confusing on those birds. Though I'm glad you have them. If I can be of help I'll surely see what I can do to dig up more info.
If your in michigan, sometime when this virus crap is over, I'd liked to get a few Michigan AA members together and meet at the place where the birds are kept from first incident. Maybe we can convince that lady that is keeping them there to release some of these birds. They are not getting proper out time.
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to know if anyone knew their exact ages, their backstory, if they were ever pets (which I doubt because of how wild they are)—shy doesn’t describe it lol. They are like wild birds outside. Terrified of people. I wonder where they came from and how many homes they have and if they have any vet history. Also I’m almost positive one is a female. I was told there were originally four of them and one died shortly after being rescued. My guess is they were two breeding pairs, and the other female died. Mali (female) and Ghana (male) are a bonded pair, and Dakar is on his own. But they’re bonded as a flock and I would never separate them. I just want to make them as happy as possible and it helps to know more backstory. I wonder if they were wild caught. They don’t have bands and are so fearful :(

whatever their story, they’re safe now. I absolutely adore them (from a minimum distance of 3 feet lol) and spoil them, I just wish I could be more hands on with them.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to know if anyone knew their exact ages, their backstory, if they were ever pets (which I doubt because of how wild they are)—shy doesn’t describe it lol. They are like wild birds outside. Terrified of people. I wonder where they came from and how many homes they have and if they have any vet history. Also I’m almost positive one is a female. I was told there were originally four of them and one died shortly after being rescued. My guess is they were two breeding pairs, and the other female died. Mali (female) and Ghana (male) are a bonded pair, and Dakar is on his own. But they’re bonded as a flock and I would never separate them. I just want to make them as happy as possible and it helps to know more backstory. I wonder if they were wild caught. They don’t have bands and are so fearful :(

whatever their story, they’re safe now. I absolutely adore them (from a minimum distance of 3 feet lol) and spoil them, I just wish I could be more hands on with them.
Well, my understanding is they are around 30 yrs old.
I don't believe they were ever pets. Here s why I say that. It's just my theory and speculation.
But back before the first hoarding case, there was this guy that was from Florida, moved up to the mayville/Millington area of Michigan. He constantly had ads on hoobly and Craig's list to take in surrendered birds, and offered to buy people's birds for ridiculously low prices. He surfed those site contacting everyone on there. Some of the Michigan AA people might remember this.
Anyway he tried very hard to get a couple of my birds, so I set up meeting him which he was very reluctant to do at first, but that was my only offer. So he have in. My god, it was like visiting the Beverly hillbillies before they struck oil!!!
Scary!! Trash everywhere. He had this old converted large chicken barn made into a huge avery indoors...with fencing and roof outside for them to go out in spring and summer.
He had like 10-14 senegals, 6-7 cockatoo's, several amazons, a few greys, ringnecks, 4-5 macaws. He didn't get my birds as I said no. My daughter has them now instead.
I do believe he breed as there were next boxes every where.
After the first hoarding bust, seems this guy suddenly vanished... We drove by a couple times and property appears abandon. No longer on any internet sites either. So my suspicion is he was the hoarder that they busted, I am not positive but sure a coincidence.
So I can't positively say exactly where they came from, but they did come from a hoarder. I don't think they are wild caught, but believe they were used for breeding, which they could have lived in an avery most of their life with very little human contact....that makes sense too.