• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

‘Toos in the front-yard

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
That's nothing...Be careful as those few corellas when they get a chance will turn into hundreds.
The galahs generally are more shy.

We had them across the street in a tree which was sort of fun for us but the neighbors were not so amused.

20200524_094005.jpg

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
im always so amazed to see wild toos in australian backyards like that !!!
i live in France so this would never occur :laughing2:
We do have one specie of bird living wild here and multiplying : The Ringneck !! okay not as impressive as Galah's or Corella's but still amazing to see them perching in a tree near my garden !!
for lil info: Ringnecks are not native to France but in the 70's a few birds escaped from a shipment for petstores at Paris Airport, a few years later people realised they started a small colonny around the airport but now they can be found throughout the entire country !!!

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
im always so amazed to see wild toos in australian backyards like that !!!
i live in France so this would never occur :laughing2:
We do have one specie of bird living wild here and multiplying : The Ringneck !! okay not as impressive as Galah's or Corella's but still amazing to see them perching in a tree near my garden !!
for lil info: Ringnecks are not native to France but in the 70's a few birds escaped from a shipment for petstores at Paris Airport, a few years later people realised they started a small colonny around the airport but now they can be found throughout the entire country !!!
Wow!! Nice history! I am from the land of ring necks. It's surprising that they can survive on their own in your country, the climate is totally different I think..

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
So cool! The sound of a flock of 'toos must be quite impressive. We mostly get teeny guys (finches, chickadees, nuthatches, robins, doves) filling the yards and trees where I am, which is lovely, but I am sure not quite the same volume!

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Wow!! Nice history! I am from the land of ring necks. It's surprising that they can survive on their own in your country, the climate is totally different I think..
ooooh cool !!! well for the climate yeah they addapted pretty well to winters here (know that im in the extreme south of France so winters here are not that cold ^^)
i did read about them and apparently in the wild you kind find them in high altitude terrain where the temperatures are cooler but then again thats just something i read online .... i do know that the UK is WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY cooler than France, and they have a growing population of quaker parrot especially in the London area !!!:eek::eek:

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
PINK YARD CHICKENS!! I’m incredibly jealous. :heart::heart::heart: