• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zoe loves her Grandma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arachloroptera

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Ok that's amazing... really? I've seen your posts Holiday and respect your views and responces... had it not come from you I'd be shaking my head thinking... yeah right... I'm still borderline doubting... or "marveling" rather, probably as stunned as your mom. Holy cr-- seriously? All those words in perfect context? Wow!:eek::rofl::laughing12:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ok that's amazing... really? I've seen your posts Holiday and respect your views and responces... had it not come from you I'd be shaking my head thinking... yeah right... I'm still borderline doubting... or "marveling" rather, probably as stunned as your mom. Holy cr-- seriously? All those words in perfect context? Wow!:eek::rofl::laughing12:
I know, right? Like I've said before, I have kept stuff like this under my hat in the past because I didn't think anyone would believe me.

And, my mother has no idea I posted her words online, because she was even doubting what she had heard when she repeated it to me. And I doubt she'll tell anyone else, except maybe my Dad, who also knows Zoe... Like I said, I was not there when this particular event occurred, but that's what my mother told me she said. And I definitely DID tell Zoe those exact words just a few weeks before. Plus, I know Zoe, and it's not out of the question for her, not if you know her. But, could my mother have mis-heard? Sure, I suppose. But, that's a heck of a coincidence, if so.

WOW...Zoe is just amazing! :heart:
Kevin, I remember telling you once before that Zoe really had no extraordinary ability with speech from what I could see, even after I had had her for months. She could talk, but my Hahn's talked better. Well, I would like to revise that assessment for the record. Maybe it took this long for her to show her true ability. I don't know, but I do know that, as of this writing, I've changed my mind. For real.

Last edited:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm ready for more Zoe videos!! :D

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm ready for more Zoe videos!! :D
She's in the bird room talking right now :) ( she needs to go nite-nite). She talks for hours a day these days.

She didn't always do this. When I first got her, she would just say a word or two here and there, and she closet-talked some. It has been this past year she's really started to shine. You know what? Her speech really took off about the same time as her flying, come to think of it... I'm not saying there's a cause and effect relationship, but there's a correlation.

Anyway, setting up the camera is usually one way to get her to clam up, but she's even been talking more on camera lately, so I'll try to get more videos. The big roadblock lately has been the roar of the air conditioner. I got that clear vid of her talking to Patrick the other day on a cool morning after it rained so the A/C wasn't on.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Well, I can't get enough of her! :)

Arachloroptera

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Redfronteds are amazing... My little guy makes me laugh just looking at him. He just started doing the ummm when I give him a peanut. My GW does it and now scraps does too.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Holiday has even posted videos of extended conversations Zoe participated in with other birds in her flock. It's mind boggling to say the least...! :eek:

Holiday, you're trying your best to get me scouring the country coast to coast for a RFM!! :eek: :o: :p

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Redfronteds are amazing... My little guy makes me laugh just looking at him. He just started doing the ummm when I give him a peanut. My GW does it and now scraps does too.
Bill, they are talented little guys. If you work with yours, you will see results. :)

Holiday has even posted videos of extended conversations Zoe participated in with other birds in her flock. It's mind boggling to say the least...! :eek:

Holiday, you're trying your best to get me scouring the country coast to coast for a RFM!! :eek: :o: :p
I'd love it if you got one, Titanis. The more the merrier :)

But, just for the record: It's not like she sits around saying brilliant, contextual things all day long. Sure, she'll say something smart nearly every day, but she babbles and screeches, practices her vocab, and gets stuck in repeat-o mode just like any other parrot. It's just at certain times, certain situations. A quiet moment, or maybe a moment of excitement or change--that's when she'll come out with something that will cause you to question your hearing or sanity.

Also, I didn't notice her really doing nearly as much talking when I first got her. But, here lately, especially since she got her flight back, she's been talking up a storm. The two seemed to coincide...

Last edited:

Arachloroptera

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Seriously Titanis... you have been hunting Red fronteds for years now... I wish you were in the U.S. I'd totally raise you a baby. I could get you one for like 600.00 raise it and it would be yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.