• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zebra Finches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie.R

Moving in
Real Name
Oliver
Do zebra finches get along with Cockatiels and budgies?????:confused::huh:

*Lochie*

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lochlan Mcdougall
No, budgies dont get along with finches, budgies are known to boss the finches around and end up in death. i advise you not to. But for cockatiels i think they would go fine I think if there's enough space for them to get away from each other they should be fine. but you never know, because you only see one side of your birds, you never know how they would act whilst your gone. I would do more research about finches and cockatiels but i know that budgies wont get along . :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
not with budgies, absolutely not....under no circumstances house them with budgies...budgiesare very aggressive..in fact, I wouldn't house budgies with tiels either for that same reason...but finches and tiels might get along....but I would not advise housing them together...finches are normally such flightly little fuss budgets...tiels are pretty laid back...I would not house them together for that reason..I think the little finches would drive a tiel nuts.

oakley

Moving in
Real Name
Anthony Miles
Hi Oliver

From previous experience if you are looking for other birds to go in an aviary with budgies etc i would recommend java sparrow because they are to spiteful to live with zebras but have always got along fine with budgies. Best wishes Anthony.

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I do not ever recommend housing finches and hook bills together. It works occasionally, but it is often in very large aviaries, 100 sq feet or greater. I would choose one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.