• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zebra finch suddenly died

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Hi

Im sorry to read of your loss. Its very sad when we loose one. We can give them everything possible and sometimes sadly it just isn't enough. I lost a canary a few weeks back..I was an emotional mess. Ive come to realise with the help of these lovely people that it happens for no apparent reason sometimes or the bird was just a weaker one..still doesnt make it right though.

Youve done the right thing getting a check of the cause from a vet. I hope you find a reason to why.

These birds mean so much to us and flutter their cute way into our hearts and we would do anything for them....

kanth

Strolling the yard
Hi

Im sorry to read of your loss. Its very sad when we loose one. We can give them everything possible and sometimes sadly it just isn't enough. I lost a canary a few weeks back..I was an emotional mess. Ive come to realise with the help of these lovely people that it happens for no apparent reason sometimes or the bird was just a weaker one..still doesnt make it right though.

Youve done the right thing getting a check of the cause from a vet. I hope you find a reason to why.

These birds mean so much to us and flutter their cute way into our hearts and we would do anything for them....
Thank you. I'm sorry about your canary.
The finch was rehomed to me so I don't know how old he was, this could have been age related. I won't know the necropsy results officially for 2 weeks but the vet said at first glance the irritation looked like an allergic reaction to something. Don't know if that is the cause of death yet but I'm happy the skin irritation was not contagious.

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
It is good news that it was more of an allergic reaction. A sigh of relief as no contagion to worry about.

I have lots of crockery dishes for my birds..I have double the amount so I can use a fresh dish each time which stops spreading things.