• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your parrot's *talking* voice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Chiquita’s sounds like a four year old trying to talk. It’s a baby voice and very cute.

Letemfly123

Moving in
Real Name
Marie
Every once in awhile Kilo my Senegal will make this weird noise that sounds very spookie, almost like robotic or mechanical. It honestly gives me the creeps, lol. Though he is trying, I still tell him he's a good boy and engage conversation with him.:)

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Prudence sounds exactly like all the IRN's on youtube sounds - high pitched and cartoony, though she doesnt say much just yet.

Bamm22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
Our BCC sounds like a sick 2 yr old, very nasal lol. Our IRN doesnt say anything yet, but we just got him and the situation he came from wasnt the greatest so hopefully soon we'll get some words outa him.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
igor my alexandrine to me sounds like elmo lol. but he does whisper in my exact voice though.
yup elmo!!! or a little kid. When I am downstairs and Hulk and Big Bird (alexandrines) are talking in the bird room, they sound like little kids - probably around 3 years of age.

tequila, my sun conure sounds like R2D2 from star wars

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Slater my male Congo African Grey sounds like Darf Vader! Kinda spooky. He just turned 16 months. I'm hoping eventually he sounds more human. Here is a video of him and if you listen (after I shut up-lol) you can hear him talk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IbOo2OhwY

Last edited:

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
Aspen (GCC) sounds like a little babbling robot, as does Pretty Bird (WFA). Sami (YNA) can sound very much like a human, but - as said by someone who didn't realize we have parrots and had a "conversation" with Sami when calling into the house to see if anyone was home - he sounds like a geriatric woman who isn't 100% there upstairs. Ripley (GWM)... I wouldn't put him in the robot or human category. He sounds like a cartoon character or something; everything he says is pretty high pitched and overly excitable sounding - and it's not who taught him to speak, because he's picked up words from me, my husband, and my husband's mom (and we do NOT have similar voices). Pepper doesn't speak, nor do the budgies, cockatiel, or obviously the doves.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Leroy sounds just like me down to my laugh.
Scooby sounds just like me.
Rambo sounds like his original owner when he says Hullo in a deep man's voice.
Jay the blue front sounds like a refined lady just like his first owner.
Chaz does not talk.:hug8:

Gilraen

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danae
Slater my male Congo African Grey sounds like Darf Vader! Kinda spooky. He just turned 16 months. I'm hoping eventually he sounds more human. Here is a video of him and if you listen (after I shut up-lol) you can hear him talk. YouTube - P1070981
Is that whistling him? No one ever seems to show greys talking in their "grey voice" just them speaking human. I'd go nuts if I had to listen to that all day! I'd definitely prefer a sun conure's screech! He's SUCH a cute and playful guy, though! I wish Rydia was half that active.

And RW, I love that picture of Aspen :)

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
Doisy (IRN) sounds like a little kid...high pitched and kinda like he has a stuffed up nose. He kinda laughs like me but that's about the extent of him sounding like me. He's also likes to slightly change how he says stuff so he's not really robotic. Sometimes he'll say "What?" and then sometimes he'll say "WHAAAAAT?"

sl8tr

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen
Is that whistling him? No one ever seems to show greys talking in their "grey voice" just them speaking human. I'd go nuts if I had to listen to that all day! I'd definitely prefer a sun conure's screech! He's SUCH a cute and playful guy, though! I wish Rydia was half that active.

And RW, I love that picture of Aspen :)
Yes that's him whistling.

tibanks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tina
What a gr8 thread and all the video's are fun. I generally think birds that are the same species have very similar sounding voices. My TAG say's and uses the words I use including the laugh, throat clearing etc, although she has her very own sounding voice, my CAG who is housed next to her sounds exactly like the TAG same voice and all. The only time her voice changes is when she says hello in a much more deeper male voice which seems to be my husband answering the phone. But for the most part she has a voice that is all her own. I've listened to youtube video's of greys talking and noticed that in some of the video's their voice sound very similar to my own greys.

Status
Not open for further replies.