• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Your favorite air purifier!

soleaux

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nola
I’m looking to invest in another air purifier and was wondering if any of you guys had a brand or model that you particularly like :) I currently have a smaller Honeywell HEPA that gets the job done but am eyeing one of the larger models or a Levoit.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm still using the only one I've ever had, which is an Austin. Is it the best? Probably not but it's considered a very good one.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You're probably going to get answers like Austin Air or Rabbit Air, so I'm going to suggest something very different. I have a Coway AP1512HH air purifier and I couldn't be more happy with it. It's very affordable, sleek, and very quiet. It may not have all the bells and whistles of, say, a Rabbit Air, but it's served me well. And if you look closely, it has a higher CADR rating than the Austin Healthmate, which means it'll be able to clean a larger room (NO WAY is an Austin Healthmate going to clean 1500 sq.ft. as it claims. Gotta look at the CADR rating for the true cleaning ability). Here in Canada, Austin Airs cost upwards of $700, and I got my Coway for just over $200, taxes included. Give it a look: https://www.amazon.com/Coway-AP-1512HH-Mighty-Purifier-True/dp/B00BTKAPUU

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
The only one I've ever had is an Austin. I know there are others more highly rated but some of them cost over $1k too (although maybe they are worth it?).

I'm sure there are several options that would all be beneficial, which is not a helpful answer, sorry :) The filters for my Austin are pretty pricey but they do last 5 years.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wanted to add that the Coway has an optional ionizer function, but that can be left off if you're worried about that. I never turn it on.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am a fan of Rabbit air purifiers. Have two of them, original BiosGS and BioGS 2.0. They might have a Black Friday sale. They usually do.

soleaux

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nola
Wow!! I know what I’m saving up for next.

@JosienBB @iamwhoiam those are super nice looking, I love how sleek they are! I was reading stuff on the review pages and they apparently omit a tiny bit of ozone even with the ionizer turned off. It’s a negligible amount but I think my anxiety would probably get the better of me if I got one :dead:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I have both Austin and a wall rabbit air

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow!! I know what I’m saving up for next.

@JosienBB @iamwhoiam those are super nice looking, I love how sleek they are! I was reading stuff on the review pages and they apparently omit a tiny bit of ozone even with the ionizer turned off. It’s a negligible amount but I think my anxiety would probably get the better of me if I got one :dead:

Don't know where you read that but the ozone levels are very low with the ionizer turned on and there are no ozone omissions when it is turned off.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have 2 austin but
I bought them used...better than honeywell.