• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Young Love Bird Bleeding .

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Okay! Wasn't sure if you did bring him in. Thanks for the update!

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Okay! Wasn't sure if you did bring him in. Thanks for the update!

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Just curious about what the vet said. I know I am late in this conversation and the crisis is over, I hope for your sake and your bird's. Just curious as to the vet's instructions and if any antibiotics were prescribed. It sounds like the wound was pretty extensive.

ddy13

Walking the driveway
Just curious about what the vet said. I know I am late in this conversation and the crisis is over, I hope for your sake and your bird's. Just curious as to the vet's instructions and if any antibiotics were prescribed. It sounds like the wound was pretty extensive.
He gave the little one a medication plus a bit of water for dehydration and to keep a close eye on them. He also clean them up more, I did everything correct , kept them warm a clean cloth on the wound until we got there. For now offering crush clean foo clean environment like I always did also was asked to add vitamins to the water. All this needed to be done fast to avoid stressing the little one, also took my tame bird Sunshine to the left, to keep them calm.
CARING FOR A SICK OR INJURED BIRD
Here is a full what to do Caring for a Sick or Injured Bird | Pet Care Article | petco.com

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
:heart: Thanks for the update. ;) Here's positive vibes that everything goes well and the little tweeter is back with buddies very soon.

PS they are doing fine, and I'm keeping an eye on them ready to bolt if anything changes.

ddy13

Walking the driveway
:heart: Thanks for the update. ;) Here's positive vibes that everything goes well and the little tweeter is back with buddies very soon.

Thank you, already back with buddy and thriving, I really do a lot to keep them all healthy, not sure how many here separate the corn out of the feed, wake up during the night so they can eat and drink and of course when done they scream to turn the light back off. They learn fast we are such push overs. Lights out now, including glow devices, TV , computers . Feel like the Walton's in here they all want me to say goodnight and kisses. :lol:

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Our have learned to go to sleep with a light and television on. We "raise" them like we did our children. We live in the city so our daughters had to get use to sleeping with fire alarms and sirens going off all the time. Same with our birds. :)