• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

You know you're a bird person when...

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
You get more excited about buying things for your birds than for yourself.
So very true. I can't wait for a couple of seagrass mats to get here so I can work on a playstand for the birds. There's nothing better than watching your bird have fun with a toy. :)

When you spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday of your weekend building an awesome playgym for your bird.
I would do this every week! I'm a crafty person and love my fids, put these together to make things for the birds and I'm a happy girl. ;)

When you are happy to wake up to the sound of a screaming bird every morning
My birds don't really scream, but they can be loud at times. For some reason, I like to hear them squawk and make noise. And Skittles and I like to "chat" with each other. He will chirp in a certain tune and I will whistle back with the same tune. Then he will chirp back again. I love when he does this. :heart:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I can so relate to the one about getting more excited about shopping for your bird's more than for yourself.

Yesterday my fiance let me know we were running low on pellets, and I got excited because now I have a legit excuse to just 'quickly run out to the bird store.' :lol:

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I’m elated when my wife says... do you think we should get Pilo something new to keep him happy?

Me: Ok baby... if it will make you happy! :rolleyes:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I’m elated when my wife says... do you think we should get Pilo something new to keep him happy?

Me: Ok baby... if it will make you happy! :rolleyes:

It's so cute how wrapped little Pilo has you! :heart:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Last edited:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Um, I'd done this to my grandchildren and my extended family's pets ... :think1:
I call my friends by my birds names on accident sometimes:rofl: If I ever have children that Will probably happen too:rofl:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
When you buy more groceries for your birds than you do yourself.
Oh, and Lady Jane, I don't know how this wasn't on the list, but I so relate to it, as well! Whenever my older sister and I go to the grocery store, I always get some type of veggie for the birds. Whenever I ask if I can, my sister rolls her eyes, but has a smile on her face, says yes, but then says how it seems so weird that I have to give my birds veggies, too. :)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You know you're a bird person when...

You have a chest freezer dedicated to bird food

You bought power tools and dye to make your own blocks

Your shirt jacket for around the house is down to 2 buttons (Annie...grrr)

Some of your students get back homework with chunks torn out, which they love, btw

You research vacuums like some do cars

Java trees are part of the living room "decor"

You buy organic vegetables you rarely, if ever, eat

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I call my friends by my birds names on accident sometimes:rofl: If I ever have children that Will probably happen too:rofl:
4 boys in the family, all names start with J - we can't keep their names straight. But both of us get the birds' names straight ....

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You know you are a bird person when you share your glass of water with your bird!
Or when visiting your family with your bird, your family serves you two glasses -one for you and one for your bird. And his has ice because they know he likes to play with it. :joyful:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Some of your students get back homework with chunks torn out, which they love, BTW
My teachers get reports with chunks out of them:rofl: Although smaller chunks, I just have lovies!

When your homework is covered in wood chips, seed hulls, paper bits and what not:lol:

When you never read in a comfortable position because there are birds after your book:D

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
When you dont eat a proper dinner until 9pm, because you wanted to have play time with your birds before their bedtime :p