1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

You know you're a bird person when...

Discussion in 'Bird Boulevard' started by Nikomania, 3/9/18.

1. SquawksNibbles

SquawksNibbles Rollerblading along the road

Kiera
    So very true. I can't wait for a couple of seagrass mats to get here so I can work on a playstand for the birds. There's nothing better than watching your bird have fun with a toy. :)

I would do this every week! I'm a crafty person and love my fids, put these together to make things for the birds and I'm a happy girl. ;)

My birds don't really scream, but they can be loud at times. For some reason, I like to hear them squawk and make noise. And Skittles and I like to "chat" with each other. He will chirp in a certain tune and I will whistle back with the same tune. Then he will chirp back again. I love when he does this. :heart:

2. ode.to.parrots

ode.to.parrots Rollerblading along the road

Cary
    I can so relate to the one about getting more excited about shopping for your bird's more than for yourself.

Yesterday my fiance let me know we were running low on pellets, and I got excited because now I have a legit excuse to just 'quickly run out to the bird store.' :lol:

3. Lodah

Lodah Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

I’m elated when my wife says... do you think we should get Pilo something new to keep him happy?

Me: Ok baby... if it will make you happy! :rolleyes:

4. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jennifer

It's so cute how wrapped little Pilo has you! :heart:

5. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sandra
    Um, I've done this to my grandchildren and my extended family's pets ... :think1:

Last edited: 3/10/18
  6. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    I call my friends by my birds names on accident sometimes:rofl: If I ever have children that Will probably happen too:rofl:

7. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sandra
    Well the upside is that when you are older people just think you're a little touched or loony and don't pay attention ... :batonthehead: :laughin:

Clueless, TikiMyn, Ankou and 4 others like this.
  8. SquawksNibbles

SquawksNibbles Rollerblading along the road

Kiera
    Oh, and Lady Jane, I don't know how this wasn't on the list, but I so relate to it, as well! Whenever my older sister and I go to the grocery store, I always get some type of veggie for the birds. Whenever I ask if I can, my sister rolls her eyes, but has a smile on her face, says yes, but then says how it seems so weird that I have to give my birds veggies, too. :)

9. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    You know you're a bird person when...

You have a chest freezer dedicated to bird food

You bought power tools and dye to make your own blocks

Your shirt jacket for around the house is down to 2 buttons (Annie...grrr)

Some of your students get back homework with chunks torn out, which they love, BTW

You research vacuums like some do cars

Java trees are part of the living room "decor"

You buy organic vegetables you rarely, if ever, eat

10. SandraK

Sandra
    4 boys in the family, all names start with J - we can't keep their names straight. But both of us get the birds' names straight ....

11. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    And George Foreman's naming strategy makes sense...

12. Lodah

Lodah Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month I Can't Stop Posting!

Pilo is so infectious... gotta luv him! :fairy: Yesterday he asked me for a kiss... I said ok and kissed his side... he looked at me and said... A BIG KISS!!! :rofl:

13. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jennifer

Adorable! :heart:

SquawksNibbles and TikiMyn like this.
  14. Crazy4parrots

Crazy4parrots Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

María
    You know you are a bird person when you share your glass of water with your bird!

SquawksNibbles, TikiMyn and Hjarta5 like this.
  15. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    Or when visiting your family with your bird, your family serves you two glasses -one for you and one for your bird. And his has ice because they know he likes to play with it. :joyful:

16. TikiMyn

Robin
    My teachers get reports with chunks out of them:rofl: Although smaller chunks, I just have lovies!

When your homework is covered in wood chips, seed hulls, paper bits and what not:lol:

When you never read in a comfortable position because there are birds after your book:D

17. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Jennifer
    When you dont eat a proper dinner until 9pm, because you wanted to have play time with your birds before their bedtime :p

18. TikiMyn

Robin
    Or when you stop mid dinner because there is a bird napping on your fork hand:rofl:

19. SandraK

Sandra
    Whenever you use a toilet anywhere you always put the lid down if there is one.

20. SandraK

Sandra
    Note to self: When going potty in the dark remember the above comment because sitting on a cold toilet lid in the dark will bring you to your senses ASAP! :eeeek:

Last edited: 3/13/18

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)