• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

You know your parrot controls your life when. . .

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
HUGE! :roflmao: Sam weigh ten times what Tibs does!
I'll switch up the avie to Sam when he lets me get a good picture of him! :banghead: :angelic::rolleyes:
Some of them really love not letting you take good pics. That's how Ollie and Diggle are, that's why my IG for them is mostly Slade. . .plus the fact that they don't like me very much.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Some of them really love not letting you take good pics. That's how Ollie and Diggle are, that's why my IG for them is mostly Slade. . .plus the fact that they don't like me very much.
Sam wants in on that super cool toy that I don't let him have, and when I pick it up, he MUST IMMEDIATELY STOP what he was doing and see if I'll share my toy with him. Tibs doesn't care at all. Unless he wants attention and I'm using it.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Now you jinxed yourself worse for a good pic! I just have to remember it's you, I'm warming to it, brain seems to take awhile to get used to too much change!
:roflmao: Probably! He makes me work for them. No worries, sorry to cause the confusion in the first place!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
He goes to his sleep spot and screams at you three times. You ask if it's bed time, he bobs his head as if saying yes and you immediately get up and get ready for bed. I didn't even realize I was just told to go to bed by a parrot until I was already there with lights off and everything :lol:
or taking the sweet potatoes, zucchini, and broccoli you just steamed for them back to the kitchen because they snubbed their beaks at it and fixing asperagus, chick peas and carrots for them instead. I spend more time on their meals than my own!!!

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
or taking the sweet potatoes, zucchini, and broccoli you just steamed for them back to the kitchen because they snubbed their beaks at it and fixing asperagus, chick peas and carrots for them instead. I spend more time on their meals than my own!!!
I think when we bring our feathered overlords into our house we sign up as a personal chef who will make healthier food for them than us, apparently bedtimes when they want it, to collect and hoard all dropped feathers that aren't covered in poop or something else, spend more money on them than you do on clothes for yourself and to find ways to work them into almost every conversation. The other part of my contract is apparently to buy anything that has them on it to put in my home, so I'm kind of glad all 3 are more rare. :lol:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
He goes to his sleep spot and screams at you three times. You ask if it's bed time, he bobs his head as if saying yes and you immediately get up and get ready for bed. I didn't even realize I was just told to go to bed by a parrot until I was already there with lights off and everything :lol:
Slade takes the cake!

Sherbie enforces bedtime, Rupert handles the morning alarm. But luckily Sherbie is only enforcing bed time for the birds and not the humans. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Slade takes the cake!

Sherbie enforces bedtime, Rupert handles the morning alarm. But luckily Sherbie is only enforcing bed time for the birds and not the humans. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
We just finished D&D and Slade is SO MAD. He screamed at me a bit and now he's got his head tucked in staring me down. This is the only time I stay up late and it's only every 2 weeks. :laughing2:

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
We just finished D&D and Slade is SO MAD. He screamed at me a bit and now he's got his head tucked in staring me down. This is the only time I stay up late and it's only every 2 weeks. :laughing2:
Sounds like somebirdie rolled a 1 on his intimate check.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
We knew Howard is in control of us but now our dog Jersey to. She won't come to us anymore when we call her but runs to Howard's house when he yells "come here." We're concerned what could happen if they start working together against us!