• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

You know the boyfriend is either a keeper or well trained when.....

Lisidou

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
image.jpg
Daughter leaves to go back to college for summer class and realizes when she gets there that she had the nerve to forget Tucker's favorite perch swing here! He loves his rope triangle swing and she neglected to bring it back with her. Now he can't swing and play with his toys at the same time! How terrible. Fast forward, her boyfriend comes over to pick up the swing to take to her. 2 hours drive. And wait for it.....he says "can you pack up a Baggie of Nutra Berries for him too? She is out of them and Tucker LOVES them"....
She has a nice guy for sure! And that is one lucky bird! Yuckie Tuckie is now also Lucky Tuckie!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Keeper!:kiss2:

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Can't you imagine what Tucker is thinking in the picture? "Seriously Mom! OMG, you left my favorite perch at Grandmas? And to make it worse, you are out of Nutra Berries! Get in that rolling cage of yours right now and go to the store! Or take me back to Grandmas this instant!"

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Awesome! Defintely a keeper. Tucker is too cute! And looks like he has spotted feet like my Zeek!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Keeper and well trained.

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Yes @Rocky....Tuckie has spotted feet! We tell him he is defective because he is supposed to have black feet. Is that a common variation?

I didn't know a thing about Caiques when we got him.
I had a baby Blue Headed Pionus that I was waiting to bring home and my daughter saw a picture of Tucker on the Facebook page of the place where my baby was.
She said "OMG, I want that cute little bird!" It was like she loved him on first sight.
I just laughed at her because she was a busy college athlete.
I went to visit my baby and I saw Tucker sitting on top of Betty's head looking like he was just so proud of himself......Then flying to the top of a nearby book shelf and back to the counter and EVERWHERE just showing off.
I think she and my daughter had that planned.
Anyway I just stood there for a long time totally mesmerized by his silliness.
And fell in love.
She said "you should buy him".
I said of course I should NOT!
That baboon of a bird needs a padded cage or a straight jacket, he is WILD!" (Thinking but he sure is a cute little stinker!)
Anyway, to be a smart @s$ I said to make me an offer I cannot refuse and then I will buy him.
She gave me a price I couldn't resist because she knew he needed a certain kind of home with a certain kind of crazy person that could tolerate and still love him forever. Plus she knew I was falling hopelessly in love.
So off I went back home with a bird I had never heard of or knew there even existed such a character.
And so started our life with Tucker. He is the love of my entire family! He is teaching my daughter how to be a parent for sure. She has learned how to watch a toddler and have eyes in the back of her head and to try to think one step ahead at all times.
Not sorry for one second that I was a crazy nut and did what no one should ever do and buy a bird not knowing diddly squat about the species! So glad he is perfect in every way.......
Oh and to add some more color to how non thinking I was.....
Betty said she named him Tucker after the main character in a book that a friend of hers wrote. "The other side of bad"
I didn't read the book until after I bought him.....lol
Still can't figure out why she named him that.....

Last edited:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
all mine have different feet.

With 11 caiques, its the quickest way to recognise who is who. I look at birdie feet the way you look at human faces lol

Last edited:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Lol its undoubtedly both!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So off I went back home with a bird I had never heard of or knew there even existed such a character.
And so started our life with Tucker.
What a great story! :) So happy that Tucker find you and that you couldn't resist him! ♥

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wonderful story.....thank you

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Yesterday I get this picture......so, the boyfriend is there and she is in one of her summer labs and he sends her this.....not a great pic but Tucker must have wanted to be all clean and handsome for him in return for delivering his goodie bag containing his favorite perch swing and his yummy nutraberries! I find it cute that "the keeper" takes the pic and sends it.....
Daughter said he was amazed watching the wildness when he took that bath! We should video that one day as it is very entertaining and very very messy.

image.jpg

GreenEyes

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Odile
100% Total KEEPER!!!!