• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures You had one job...

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
:gag:

Here people use those kite to scare them away from supermarkets roofs, so they won't have eggs there and attack anyone passing by during the 2 following months..
They still gotta poop like a thousand times a day!! And they poop as they fly! Never look up and you'll be ok!!
:imok:

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
They still gotta poop like a thousand times a day!! And they poop as they fly! Never look up and you'll be ok!!
:imok:
They use the poop as bombing argument for you to stay away from the area their chicks are.. :airplane:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
They use the poop as bombing argument for you to stay away from the area their chicks are.. :airplane:
Hmmm air raid!!! You know instead of those kites or fake owls they're using, you could hire a dozen " scream queens" from those B movies, even throw in pumpkin head or jason....
heck Miley cirrus could scare them away.....lol

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hmmm air raid!!! You know instead of those kites or fake owls they're using, you could hire a dozen " scream queens" from those B movies, even throw in pumpkin head or jason....
heck Miley cirrus could scare them away.....lol
No but you know, I think it is fine that birds are claiming their part of the space. People are far too used to have it all for themselves, it is a good thing that they are reminded, a couple of months a year, that they actually have to share, and that the herring gulls are bold enough to scare those who think they own the place!! :D

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
No but you know, I think it is fine that birds are claiming their part of the space. People are far too used to have it all for themselves, it is a good thing that they are reminded, a couple of months a year, that they actually have to share, and that the herring gulls are bold enough to scare those who think they own the place!! :D
That's true. And some gulls are actually protected. I remember at a Detroit tiger's baseball game, there was this gull that just happened to fly down into the path of the pitch in front of catcher, the bird got hit by the ball.
It was a clear unfortunate accident, you couldn't stop the ball once released and gull just happened to be in the wrong spot at wrong time.
The pitcher still got a hefty fine!!! Even though it was an accident.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
The pitcher still got a hefty fine!!! Even though it was an accident.
wow... I don't think they are protected here, but I like that protected animals actually ARE protected and that killing/hurting them has consequences..

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
The fine was 200,000 dollars!! I kid you not!
I thought it was steep for an accident but....
:omg: That's over-the-top-steep!! Must have been quite the funeral for that poor bird.. o_O

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
:omg: That's over-the-top-steep!! Must have been quite the funeral for that poor bird.. o_O
Yea!! I'll see if I can find article. Was a few years back. May of been a law suit rather than fine. The bird landed on a young spectator, all bloody and died. Freaked them out. Game was played in Toronto. They handcuffed the major league ballplayer. That I know.

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
IMG_20190912_140621.jpg
A load of pigeons on that building above the owls!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The CDs have been on this window near the beach all the years I have lived here. It doesn't stop the pigeons, in fact they lay their eggs and bring up their young there!! There's a hen brooding in the corner on the picture (not 100% clear though)

IMG_20190912_134357.jpg IMG_20190912_134404.jpg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Well, if you can remember :yoda: back to being single :jeanie: if you were out in a group, the ladies usually went to the WC in pairs.:holiday1

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I like all birds but darn those sea gulls....
They poop like a flying donkey!! I was sitting on a park bench once enjoying some fries and this gull pooped a heck of a racing stripe a down the front of my jacket...I'm not talking a little parrot poo, I'm talking a huge cow pie!!

Family and friends were at the beach back when I was about 12 yo or so. While we were all sitting at the table eating lunch a flock of seagulls flew over and one dropped his load right on my bare shoulder and down my bare chest while I was eating fried chicken.
Simple enough to clean up at the beach but still...

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Family and friends were at the beach back when I was about 12 yo or so. While we were all sitting at the table eating lunch a flock of seagulls flew over and one dropped his load right on my bare shoulder and down my bare chest while I was eating fried chicken.
Simple enough to clean up at the beach but still...

Lol......they are sharp shooters!!! They don't miss! I swear there's a sea gulls training facility
( top secret location) where they are specially trained to time it just right to poop on humans!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I was told by my Granny (maternal) that it's supposed to be good luck to :goodluck: be pooped on by a bird. Does anyone here realize how lucky we all are? :bash:
I was told by my Granny (maternal) that it's supposed to be good luck to :goodluck: be pooped on by a bird. Does anyone here realize how lucky we all are? :bash:
Baaaahah ha ha ha ha haaa! I be a multi billionaire by now from all the bird poops!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My grandmother used to say that too!