• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures You had one job...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I am the customer who sits and feeds the birds :lol: I´m sure the bars/cafes hate me. Just today I was feeding a chicken who came looking for food in the bar.. :bliss:
A woman after my own heart. You have to visit Kew West in Florida. They have "wild chickens" walking around the shops and the town w/chicks and everyone leaves them alone. I have to find some of my photos from that visit - I was feeding the chickens too!

Gazimon

Sprinting down the street
"Perch with me my son. Look. Everything the light touches is our toilet."

"Everything the light touches... What about that shadowy place around the corner?"

"That's beyond our borders. You must never go there."

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Really? Here only the gulls are scared, sparrows don't seem to care!
I like all birds but darn those sea gulls....
They poop like a flying donkey!! I was sitting on a park bench once enjoying some fries and this gull pooped a heck of a racing stripe a down the front of my jacket...I'm not talking a little parrot poo, I'm talking a huge cow pie!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:confused:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
They poop like a flying donkey!! I was sitting on a park bench once enjoying some fries and this gull pooped a heck of a racing stripe a down the front of my jacket...I'm not talking a little parrot poo, I'm talking a huge cow pie!!
:lol:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I am in Malaga ;)
Yes, they come in the bar looking for scraps. A hen came over so I fed her. There was a rooster climb on the chair in front and start cock-a-doodle-doo-ing.
*I didn´t get any pictures because my phone battery died :(
Oh sorry.. I remembered there was a lot of "a"s :hilarious:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Found these ones on google!

:coffeescreen: Bahahhaha - it´s like they accept them as a member of the flock!

They have "wild chickens" walking around the shops and the town w/chicks and everyone leaves them alone.
Sounds great!!

"That's beyond our borders. You must never go there."
:rofl:

:lol: Lucky I never got pooped on by a gull.:wtf:
I got pooped on yesterday when I was in that bar. Must have been a little sparrow or something because the poop was similar amount to my birds and lucky I had a little top on so it landed on my skin and not my clothes.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Clearly birds aren't fools. Silly humans making effigies again! --the real fools :p

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
:gag:

Here people use those kite to scare them away from supermarkets roofs, so they won't have eggs there and attack anyone passing by during the 2 following months..

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Really? Here only the gulls are scared, sparrows don't seem to care!
The idiots posted about it on FB.
For them that was a big problem because some visitors where afraid of sparrows.
Me and others refuse to go their now.
If you can't share to the ones that needs it it's not my kind of place.

At another cafe that is placed near the sea they have a pair of ducks that comes twice a day for food. They have a own food and water bowl and comes walking on the street and they are very popular. I always visit that cafe when I'm near.
My kind of person's. ♥

I am the customer who sits and feeds the birds :lol: I´m sure the bars/cafes hate me. Just today I was feeding a chicken who came looking for food in the bar.. :bliss:
I feed them too. Some cafe have signs that forbid feeding at table so I just go 1 m away and feed them. :D

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
At another cafe that is placed near the sea they have a pair of ducks that comes twice a day for food. They have a own food and water bowl and comes walking on the street and they are very popular. I always visit that cafe when I'm near.
My kind of person's. ♥
On the island where hubby and I went for our honeymoon, there were chickens, horses and dogs all feral and roaming freely. :xflove: The dogs were allowed to wander into most of the open-air restaurants along the beach. One waitress, after we let her know we were finished, reached into our plates and pulled out all of the chicken and seafood and gave it to a large pitbull lounging nearby. :heart: When she returned with our check, she also brought a small plastic cup of water with her which she held for the dog as we left. We almost thought he was her dog or the restaurant's dog, but we saw him make the rounds to several other establishments that week. :D

Last edited:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Well now.... "Owl" say that is quite an unusual photo! :rofl::laughing12::rofl:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
My kind of person's. ♥
Yep, they are my people too :loveshower:

Some cafe have signs that forbid feeding at table so I just go 1 m away and feed them. :D
In our city centre it is prohibited to feed any stray/wild animal :(
I found out the other night that there are stray cats living in our underground garage. The president of the community´s sister told me. She told me her sister says we can´t feed them, but I said I think we can because we are out of the city centre. I will be picking up some cat food when I do the next shopping and putting it down behind my car.
I thought there was something odd when I saw pawprints on my car window a few months back.

:lol:

One waitress, after we let her know we were finished, reached into our plates and pulled out all of the chicken and seafood and gave it to a large pitbull lounging nearby. :heart: When she returned with our check, she also brought a small plastic cup of water with her which she held for the dog as we left.
Kind waitress :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
That picture of the owl and pidgie is too funny. We had a flock for years around the complex. They chased them off one building to the next for months/ years. They tried the spikes thing too. They had a falconer come in flying his hawk. Basically it did nothing, they finally had pigeon club set up traps live traps and got about half. But the owl thing you could hear pidgies laughing it. Dont get me started on seagulls please

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
:coffeescreen: Bahahhaha - it´s like they accept them as a member of the flock!

Sounds great!!

:rofl:

:lol: Lucky I never got pooped on by a gull.:wtf:
I got pooped on yesterday when I was in that bar. Must have been a little sparrow or something because the poop was similar amount to my birds and lucky I had a little top on so it landed on my skin and not my clothes.

:hehe: :embarassed: