• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

You can see why I'm happy!

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I cant get enough of her sweet face! So happy to see Sophie accepting all the love and attention you and David are giving her :xflove:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Yummy yummy! She is such a gorgeous gal. :hug8:

I cooked up some pretty recently for my two as well, and accidentally also tossed in some mango in the dish. The birds were probably confused why the orange thingies tasted so different from each other. :shy:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Aww... such a sweet face. Great photo too! Back in the day when Lola and Henry were young they readily ate cooked butternut squash and sweet potato...now they won't touch it. When I make my grain mash I cut a sweet potato up and put it in my oscar and grind it to small bits and add it to my mash when it's not far from being cooked so the bits don't turn to mush and disappear. I'm sure they can still manage to eat around the little pieces but it's my way of making it harder for them to avoid eating.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I cant get enough of her sweet face! So happy to see Sophie accepting all the love and attention you and David are giving her :xflove:
Jen, she is much loved around here! I catch him kissing her head and he snuggles her, it's just heartwarming. She chills with him, just like Jen did. :heart:

Yummy yummy! She is such a gorgeous gal. :hug8:

I cooked up some pretty recently for my two as well, and accidentally also tossed in some mango in the dish. The birds were probably confused why the orange thingies tasted so different from each other. :shy:
Well we haven't tried any mango yet. But fruits are on the menu! She didn't care for blueberries. I am so scared about any reds getting onto her white feathers :hehe: Might not look to good, so we will try Mango, Peaches and apples soon. Grapes here a no go with dogs in the house. Unfortunately, their safety is more important then the birds eating them.

Aww... such a sweet face. Great photo too! Back in the day when Lola and Henry were young they readily ate cooked butternut squash and sweet potato...now they won't touch it. When I make my grain mash I cut a sweet potato up and put it in my oscar and grind it to small bits and add it to my mash when it's not far from being cooked so the bits don't turn to mush and disappear. I'm sure they can still manage to eat around the little pieces but it's my way of making it harder for them to avoid eating.
We have not tried butternut, but she has had a taste today of yellow squash. Two bites then dropped it. She does take Harrison's pellets from my hand so daily she is taking them in.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
TV is off, I am in Sophie's room and she's with her Daddy. I bet he's sound asleep and she's on the couch right there with him, just like Jenny would do every night. My heart is very warm tonight. :heart::goodnight2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
We have not tried butternut, but she has had a taste today of yellow squash. Two bites then dropped it. She does take Harrison's pellets from my hand so daily she is taking them in.[/QUOTE]

Yellow squash is a no go here... with all of the birds. There's just not enough flavor with it for them to like it. In my grain chop I either add zucchini or yellow squash minced so tiny the zons have a hard time picking out..:D I feel like the mom who tries to hide butter under the jam or peanut butter to get them to eat it. ( I sorta know because my mom did that to me when I was little... I always checked my sandwiches. She thought the bread would be too dry if it didn't have butter on it ..)