• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yoo-Hoo, Carole!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hello! :dance4:
It has cleared up, but we are spiking nitrites hard. It has been building for about a week or so. I keep trying to squelch it a bit, which actually just prolongs it. I am just a bit worried about my fish. It has really been a long time since I actually cycled a tank. Even when I restarted this years ago, I had available bacteria. Yesterday I threw in a whole bottle of bacteria. It didn't do much. Yesterday it was also showing 5 ppm Nitrates, so we are getting there....I hope we get through it soon.
I also added a 'broken vase' type of decoration for my lace catfish, which is growing daily it seems. I am not crazy about the color of it, so if I find something else I will probably change it. But it was the only thing I could find that was nice and smooth on the inside. The ones that look like a natural rock or something are so rough on the inside. Who wants to live in there?
Sumo is still in quarantine. He has been on clear fresh water for a few days to flush his system of meds, and give him a break.
Today or tomorrow{have to check my notes} we start the last stage, which is the nitrofuracen and metronidazole.
Thanks for asking!! I will get some pics. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Marie! :D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran