• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yippy Skippy! Lucy is here! Here's her 1st picture at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteysmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Heather
:heart:Our newest addition Lucy is here! :dance4: She is sooooo sweet!! She stepped right up for me!! She's been hanging out with me all afternoon. She got here in the oldest, rustiest cage I've ever seen :mad:, so out the door it went (maybe an outside cage?) and I brought the spare one I had inside for her. She seems very comfortable so far. She hasn't said anything yet, although her old dad told me she talks a little. We'll see. It's only day one. :)
Here's the only picture I got so far. Everytime I let her out of the cage, she flys to my head :lol: I've already gotten Lucy poo in my hair today :huh::rofl: New nickname???? Lucy-poo...sounds good. :hehe:

Attachments

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
She is so pretty!!! Lucy Poo :rofl: I love it. Congrats on your new fabie.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
She's very sweet looking.

Peteysmom

Real Name
Heather
very pretty

if the cage she came in has any rust I'd pitch it - not worth the risk
Exactly what I thought. I am going to do a little research about how to refinish it and what is involved in powder coating. If it's not a real expensive DIY project, I think I might as well as least give it a shot before I pitch the cage. I'm very ambitious about do it yourself stuff. :o: :lol:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Exactly what I thought. I am going to do a little research about how to refinish it and what is involved in powder coating. If it's not a real expensive DIY project, I think I might as well as least give it a shot before I pitch the cage. I'm very ambitious about do it yourself stuff. :o: :lol:
I think having it professionally done is a bit expensive but i'm not sure - specially since every state varies

I was given some cages a few years ago that had sat out side, after much research and finding that KRYLON spray paint is supposed to be safe, we decided to give it a shot

did everything right - the scraping it all down, washing it, making sure it was dry etc.

Sprayed thin layers on drying well in between each one

I sat them out side on the picnic in the sun for several days (it didn't rain) to make sure they were dry and any fumes were gone

I picked one up to carry it in the table was maybe 10-15 feet from my porch, by the time i got to the porch you couldn't tell i ever painted it , Paint chipped off every where

it looked like some one took a small wire brush and just ran it down the cage hitting and missing - the cage was originally white we painted it light blue so it was more blue and white striped by the time i got it into my kitchen
and every one we painted did it i was ticked off

the paint said Adheres good to metal - don't know what metal they were talking about but it sure didn't

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Lucy is so pretty!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! She is so beautiful!

Matt

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Congrats- cutie pie.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Aww what a sweety!!! So Cute!!!! So glad to hear day one is going so well!

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
awwww what a pretty girl :) I loveeeeeeeeeee the blue quakers :)

Peteysmom

Real Name
Heather
She has been such a doll!!!!!!!!!!
So sweet I even let my daughter hold her. She stepped right up for my 5 yr old! OMG!!! Sweetest baby ever! :heart:

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
awwe congrats! There's never a dull moment with a quaker in the house, you will not be disappointed! She's soo cute, can't wait to hear all about her:D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwwww what a sweet little face..congratulations

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awww....Heather, she is beautiful and sounds like a real little dolly. Big congrats1

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
She christened you with some ceremonial Lucy-poo! :hehe: She is beautiful...looks just like my Ducky. My blue is so sweet. Lucy looks like a sweetheart too. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.