• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yikes!

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Vinyet is not a fan of my father. She started out just scared, I thought, making this call that was different than the calls/sounds she makes around me. She also seems to become more alert around him and tracks him with her eyes whenever he comes around.

So I was in the living room with her and she was sitting behind me on the back of the couch when my dad comes in. He came over to talk to her (to try to get her used to his voice/presence) and the feathers on her head and neck stood up. She got a little taller and hissed at him with her beak open, tongue darting.

It was interesting. :cautious:

He then backed off and she went back to whining at me.
(She kept jumping on my head and I kept taking her down so she was pouty. :p)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Aw, she is not use to other people. She has her mom for security though. Let Vinyet see your dad eat food and he talk about how good the food is. She will pay attention. She loves peanuts. I don't have them often but when I do I get human grade. That should win her over. Remember, it took me several weeks before she even came out of her cage. They are shy with new people so allow her time to get use to everyone. She did not go on my head much but did like sitting on my shoulder.

The noise she makes...it is not crying is it? I just hope it is the little noises she makes. It still sounds like she is a little afraid and sizing up the situation.

It is great to hear she is joining you! Has she done her fly arounds for you?

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
The little noises she makes don't seem like crying. But then she is not whining even to come out of her cage. She just goes back and forth from foot to foot and sways in front of the door to let me know when she wants out.

She does whine pretty often when I try to get her to step up off of anyone's shoulder though. She's just more a shoulder bird than a hand or arm bird.

Also she has come around with my dad now. Again I expected that to take much longer. She likes being on his shoulder because he is taller than me and she wants to see everything.
She really seems to be doing well.

I have a flightsuit coming for her in a few days.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
What size flight suit did you decide on

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I am sure she will do good letting you get her harness on. She does like scritches under her wings. She didn't like her head petted very much but did like a hand cupped over her head and would put her head down low as she let you cup your hand over her head.

I see what you mean about the textured wall. She is really checking that out.

Love the pictures. :heart:

Stations. She would sit on playstand, sofa and back of kitchen chair. She occasionally came in the bedroom which had an iron frame which she enjoyed sitting on