• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Yellow poop?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Ok i'm back from the market
got some fruits and veggies
also got a papaya,as BF said. gave a small piece to both of them. they are not much fond of papaya but mitthu a tiny bit of it.
i couldn't get the chammomile tea though :( the store i get me green tea from don't carry them any more:( but will try again somewhere else
and also no luck with ACV BUT a friend of mine said Hienz has ACV and Hienz IS available here though i couldn't find it today but there is hope now, and i'll keep trying i'll ask my friends and family in other cities too to look for it

Oh and her poop looks a lot better then yesterdays. though some of her poop is still lightish green not yellow though. so thats a good thing i guess?
i'll weigh her today but its a battle to weigh them!

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
It's good that her poops are better! Let's hope it's consistent! Come on, Mitthu, get better and don't worry your mommy so!
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
It's good that her poops are better! Let's hope it's consistent! Come on, Mitthu, get better and don't worry your mommy so!
Thank you sooo much guys for all the emotional support you all have given :hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

i feel a lot better knowing i have you all

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Juhi just checking in to see how things are. Good to hear her poops look a little better. For the AVC, you want the unpasterized AVC. Heinz would not be unfiltered. Would you like us to search to see if someone ships internationally? You could check Braggs website, they are a well known brand of unfiltered ACV. Please keep us updated, hopefully the papaya will help too.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
I just don't believe this!!!
Now that mitthu's poop have started looking a lot better Chhotu's poop are watery now! very watery! i also saw a few bubbles in her last poop, and her urine part is green in color
they get freh fruits and veggies almost everyday so i can understand watery poop but bubbles! that means something is definitely wrong!
Why is this happening to me!!
i'm feeling soo frustrated and helples. dont know where am i going wrong.i'm trying to give them the best everything thats possible for me to do
i just don't know what to do
I highly doubt i'll get unfiltered ACV here! ACV is not commonly used here
What does bubbles in poop mean?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
honey maybe you should start a new thread on this one...big hugs :hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Juhi, are you washing the fruit/veggie you are giving them?
This can be a sign of gas or infection in intestines...
Can you get the GSE I gave you a site about?:hug8:

ktemkin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kyle
Birds have fast metabolisms, so effects of food don't typically linger. Toxins also tend to have their effect rapidly, though fat-soluble compounds are generally the exception.

Polyuria often indicates irritation of the cloaca; the bubbles/froth indicate gastrointestinal duress. It is my understanding that both can be caused by stress; sometimes your stress can cause a bird to become stressed.

Still, there are other, very possible causes which certainly merit investigation. Bubbles are often bacterial. An avian vet would be able to give you the best peace of mind, even if all you can do is get them a fresh fecal sample.

Monitor your birds' weight and diet, if you can. I would _not_ try any otc antibiotics without a more clear picture of the cause. I _would_ try to separate your birds as much as possible to reduce the likelihood they'll share this disease.

(posted from my mobile)

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Just tried to send this and it disappeared in Cyberspace :confused:

Juhi, when Ceddy had diarrhoea ca 6 months ago with bubbles, my vet told me it indicates the 'wrong type' of bacteria in the digestive system. He treated it with probiotic and it worked very quickly. Maybe you can get that at your local canine vet? It's certainly worth a try!

Shortly after I got out of hospital and was immobilised, Ceddy had diarrhoea again and since I couldn't take her to the vet I ordered this one at Pet City Online (Australia) which is suitable for cats, dogs and birds - worked nicely and I'm now giving it to her once a week for prevention.

If you can't get probiotics from your local vet, well, I do not know if Pet City Online do ship to India BUT I've found them VERY helpful (e.g. shipping the probiotics to me per Express Post at no extra charge when I explained the situation). So if you'd contact them, maybe even phone them if you can, maybe they'd agree to ship it to you even if they usually don't?

Please, Chhotu! Get better quickly!

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Astrid, would NATURAL /live bacteria yogurt do the same? I think nautral yogurt is something she would be able to find in India and it's a thought...Thanks for the imput!:hug8:

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid, would NATURAL /live bacteria yogurt do the same? I think nautral yogurt is something she would be able to find in India and it's a thought...Thanks for the imput!:hug8:
Well DOH! :headsmack::huh:

I guess a good natural/life yoghurt should at least be helpful to fight any digestive bacteria imbalance. I don't know in India but here there are different types (different bacillus), some have several, some just one (mostly Lactobacillus acidophilus). But I guess just that one would be better than nothing.

Don't know about dosis though, I had to give Ceddy the concentrated powder which is VERY water diluted (and a little fruit juice so she'd take it) 2x daily for a week, now I sprinkle a little in powder form over her fresh food once a week.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Juhi Slippery Elm is also used for gastrointestional upsets. Gary often mentioned it on here. Maybe BF would know how to administer slippery elm if you can find that.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Juhi
I found this post by Gary on another thread

I still feel slippery elm mixed 1-tsp to 4-tsp of water will help sooth the GI tract while giving the other medications. ACV will help the GI tract by changing the PH but will not get rid of protozoa.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Thank you so much Astrid, BF and Pat :hug8:
I haven't seen bubbles in her poop since but its still watery
I do give them Yogurt every now and then, i have some on hand right now will try and give her some.
Yes i do wash the fruits and veggies thoroughly though i don't have GSE will order some very soon i think Tamara has them.

Pat,
I have no idea what slipper elm is:(
i'll try and find a local name for it and see if i can find it

One of my friend suggested this medecine. she says she uses it for her birds and is very helpful
please have a look at it and let me know if it good for birds too, though it doesn't say its for birds
Digyton - Stimulates the secretion of proteolytic, amylolytic and lipolytic enzymes, Acts as a carminative, Tones the digestive glands and organs and Corrects gastrointestinal disorders - Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
I've got this medecine, she said 5 drops twice a day
should i try this one?

Astrid,
I'll look into the website you mentioned.
And after they get better i'll make a list of important meds and other things to have on hand in emergency and will get them shipped

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Juhi, I can find NO information on this med (Digyton) other than giving it to dogs/cats for stimulating their appetite...
I wouldn't try it.....
I would try the natural yogurt at this time to help balance their systems....and see how that does....
Slippery Elm:
Ulmus rubra[2], the Slippery Elm, is a species of elm native to eastern North America (from southeast North Dakota, east to southern Quebec, south to northernmost Florida, and west to eastern Texas). It is similar to American Elm in general appearance, but more closely related to the European Wych Elm, which has a very similar flower structure. Other common names include Red Elm, Gray Elm, Soft Elm, Moose Elm and Indian Elm.
Medicinal
Slippery Elm is a valuable tree that has many traditional uses. Sometimes it is dried and ground into a powder beforehand, then made into a tea. Both Slippery Elm gruel and tea are said to soothe the digestive tract.[4] According to Herbs and Natural Supplements: An Evidence-Based Guide, "Although Slippery Elm has not been scientifically investigated, the FDA has approved it as a safe demulcent substance." [5]
Ulmus rubra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So I don't know if you would have this powder in India...but could you ask around to see if there is something simlular there?:hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Juhi, I can find NO information on this med (Digyton) other than giving it to dogs/cats for stimulating their appetite...
I wouldn't try it.....
I would try the natural yogurt at this time to help balance their systems....and see how that does....
Slippery Elm:
Ulmus rubra[2], the Slippery Elm, is a species of elm native to eastern North America (from southeast North Dakota, east to southern Quebec, south to northernmost Florida, and west to eastern Texas). It is similar to American Elm in general appearance, but more closely related to the European Wych Elm, which has a very similar flower structure. Other common names include Red Elm, Gray Elm, Soft Elm, Moose Elm and Indian Elm.
Medicinal
Slippery Elm is a valuable tree that has many traditional uses. Sometimes it is dried and ground into a powder beforehand, then made into a tea. Both Slippery Elm gruel and tea are said to soothe the digestive tract.[4] According to Herbs and Natural Supplements: An Evidence-Based Guide, "Although Slippery Elm has not been scientifically investigated, the FDA has approved it as a safe demulcent substance." [5]
Ulmus rubra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So I don't know if you would have this powder in India...but could you ask around to see if there is something simlular there?:hug8:
Indian Elm!!!

I have had some wood parts custom made for them and the wood used was INDIAN ELM!!!! the local name for Indian Elm is chilbil i'll contact the person who made those parts for me and ask for more information
Thanks a ton BF:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Pat,
thanks for the web address. ordering right now won't help as it will probably take 10-15 days to reach me but i will definitely order.
i'm off to make another thread on important meds, herbs and other thing to have in emergency
Please if you know of any other things that is a must pls let me know i'll order them asap

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
ok one more thing i that i don't know the gender of my birds but i am assuming them to be females as they are almost 3 yrs old and no ring yet.
and lately Chhotu has started spending her time at the bottom of the cage, under the papers, shredding the paper and SHREDDING WOOD which is very unusual as she is not much of a wood chipper but she destroyed a whole pecan wood perch since yesterday
and she also gets very aggressive if i touch the papers when he's at the bottom or under them
Could this be egg laying behaviour and if it is can it cause difference in poop???

and an update on Mitthu - her poops are normal now he is eating like a pig :D
should i still be worried abt her? shall i keep an eye on her?

I'm orry it must be very confusing for you all with both Mitthu and Chhotu both not doing well and my different questions abt them

Status
Not open for further replies.