• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yay! She liked her shower!

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My young Linnie, Gigi, has been tolerating her twice weekly spray bottle showers, but it's not her favorite thing. But today, success! I was spraying her on my finger and she was especially happy, whistling and biting the bottle. Then she hung upside down and spread her wings! Yay!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I noticed maybe a dozen little feather puffs in the bottom of the cage today. Gigi is 3 1/2 months old, right on target for her first molt. That might be why she's into the shower now. Maybe more than twice a week will be needed to help her through it.

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan
From your post I can't tell how you are misting but try misting up and letting the mist fall on Gigi instead of msting directly at Gigi. This method is generally better accepted by birds. Maybe this will help! Not sure of your set up but if you have a free flighted bird, aviary or a patio bird room check into one of these, that can be hooked up to a hose, if you don't want to get involved with an automatic misting system. My birds love Being misted and showing g with us.
3e7b5097-2ff5-464a-bb62-0aefe71da2cc_1.7d61211100ca203178b283971248052d.jpeg

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You know Dan, I think I did mist from above more today than before! I do know that's what most birds like but I might have been spraying her more directly before. I will remember from now on. No aviary or patio room. Just one baby Linnie now.