• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wrought iron hanging pot rack - safe toy?

MyAussieFriends

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
I'm not sure either. I know that lots of cages are made out of wrought iron, but they are powder coated. Also, I'd be concerned over any type of finish it might have. I would probably avoid it. If there was a stainless steel option, I'd go for that, but I suppose those would be awfully expensive.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I would be worried about the birds feet sitting on the oval rings rim the metal doesn't look thick so it might be hard on the pads of the birds feet.

A friend of mine went to a salvage yard and got a bunch of bike handlebars for cheap they were clean without rust she got a spot welder at a garage to weld them all together in a large looped shape then add some rings so they could attach chains so they could hang it from the ceiling.

They have a bizarre shaped hanging toy that's comfortable for their birds feet easy to clean and they can attach all sorts of toys and treats to.. her birds love it.

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
Personally i think that is a awesome idea. As long you they are not going to be on it, you are more wanting it to hang the toys from. What type of birds are you going to use this for.?