• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AUCTION WPR & Lucky Lou Legacy Auction Donations

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Parrolet Handbook… Paper back .. new condition.. thick book. Photos of front and back.

Starting bid 10.00
Winner pays shipping… estimated at 3.00 for media

Parrolet Book.JPG

Parrolet Book B.JPG

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Three books on Waxbills, Society Finches, Zebra finches. All hard back… older books but never used. (Given to me years ago by someone who owned a grooming shop.. as are the canary books, keet and lovebird books I'm listing.)

Starting bid for all three 8.00
Winner to pay shipping estimated at 3.00 for media

Photos of front and back of books

Trio finch.JPG

Trio finchB.JPG

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Keet:LovieBack.JPG Last… A set of two books "Grass Parakeets and Lovebirds". Older books given to me, these are hardback, not thick books, unused… just aged. All of these books have been stored in a cabinet I keep art supplies in. Photos of front and back of the books.

Starting bid 6.00
Winner to pay shipping estimated to be 3.00 for media

Keet:Lovie.JPG

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@Mockinbirdiva can you double check the postage price, please. I know it would be a lot more than that to ship books here so just want to be sure (or close). Thanks! :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
@Mockinbirdiva can you double check the postage price, please. I know it would be a lot more than that to ship books here so just want to be sure (or close). Thanks! :)
When I poked around this is what I found. I don't think any of the books will cost over 3.12 to ship … but then I was planning on using the box at the post office for the books.. then I discovered after putting them in the box I intended to use it's a flat rate small box that will only fit the finch books and the grass keet/ lovebird sets. I thought those boxes were for media but apparently not. The canary sets and the parrotlet book are too big for that box and I'll have to go buy padded envelopes for those. This is what I saw for postage on books weighing up to 2 lbs. I'm not sure what those books weigh… close to pounds by the feel of them.. The flat rate box will be too much at 6.45 so I'll have to use padded envelopes for them all.

Postage is determined by package weight. A typical paperback (weighing between 4 ounces and up to one pound) costs $2.63 to send by MediaMail postal rate. A heavier book (a large hardcover) weighing between 1 and 2 pounds will cost $3.12 to send by Media mail. A very light book (weighing less than 4 ounces) will cost $2.67 to send by First Class mail (and $2.61 if you are using Printable Postage), so wrappers for packages weighing under 4 ounces will print out with FIrst Class Postage and Postal Rate.
Media Mail and First Class postal rates do not depend on distance--it will cost the same to send a package to any address served by USPS (including AK, HI, PR, GU, US Virgin Islands and APO/FPO/DPO addresses)* using either First Class or Media Mail.
First Class postal rate is less expensive if your package weighs 4 ounces or less (and with First Class you save on postage if you use PBS Printed Postage); Media Mail is less expensive if your package weighs over 4 ounces. When you print the PaperBackSwap wrapper, the system will calculate the least expensive postal rate for the estimated weight of your package.
It's important to be sure your package is marked MEDIA MAIL if that is the postal class you want. USPS will not offer you that rate spontaneously -- you have to specify it. If you print the PaperBackSwap Wrapper (with the correct "estimated weight"), the postage class will print out on it automatically. If you hand-write your package address, be sure to write MEDIA MAIL on it if you want to use that rate (which is almost always much less expensive th

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
So far this is all I can find about postage to Canada for books… if this is the case you would really have to want the books to pay this postage!

17 Answers

Russ Horton
, eCommerce/fulfillment logistic solutions for 20+ yrs
Answered Mar 30, 2015

USPS 1st Class Package Services (FCPS) is probably the cheapest at ~$20 for a 3 lb package. FCPS is good for up to 4 lbs after which you'd need to switch to Priority Mail.

Priority Mail also has attractive pricing for their flat rates, where their small sizes are also around $20 if you can fit the item into a small box, $34+ if not.

Not suggesting any of these are cheap mind you, but the least expensive I'm aware of from a major carrier.

Prices quoted are considering commercial rates, using an electronic postage solution like Endicia or Stamps. Retail rates at the post office counter, for example, could be a good deal higher.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Don't worry. As long as we have a decent idea within the US.
I have no brain food on board to figure Canada post out… at the moment it's a toss up between some dry cereal or pineapple coconut cake. Probably both. Just to be sure. :coffeescreen:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I know it's late... but would anyone here in the States be interested in a box of Tastykake goodies?? Anyone who has moved from the Mid-Atlantic area will know Tastykake's, I know they are not nationwide and it is perfect weather for shipping.

Let me know and I'll grab some pics offline for options - butterscotch krimpets, peanut butter tandy kakes, chocolate filled, etc. and put a post together for Jennifer to grab and get listed. Yeah she's gonna kill me :)

I will also be happy to do multiple boxes if multiple people would like a box of them!

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aloha box 2
or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the incoming ballistic missles:
View attachment 265513

2 boxes of chocolate macadamia nuts
2 boxes of Carmacs aka chocolate carmel macadamia nuts
1 box green tea macadamia nuts
2 cans glazed macadamia nuts
2 packages hawaiian shortbread
4 packages haupia mix aka coconut pudding

Plus I'll include some surprise extras!

Shipping to the USA only and shipping is included.

Bidding starts at $15.00, whatever the final bid is you will get your money's worth.

I will have picture of box on Thursday.

Aloha!

Question for you... sorry I am a huge pain when it comes to feeding me :( I live with some medical crap including celiac so apologies for asking, but could you tell me with both of the lots you listed if the nuts, candies and pudding mixes contain any wheat, barley, rye or 'malt'...

My daughter can eat all the gluteny stuff, but want to be sure at least some of the goodies are safe for me... I know, totally selfish :) Thank you so much and again, I am so sorry to be a pain...

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
2 days until the auction starts! Less than 2 days to get your items in! 64 items/lots so far!

And TNT Jen broke the 5-item rule so if anyone at 5 items wants to put 1 or 2 more in, go ahead! :D I was sure it would be Danita! :lol:
I didn’t know there was a maximum number!;). I don’t read everything apparently!

Throw in a 16oz package of TNT food with a starting bid of $5 and a Dexter’s Doodads with a starting bid of $15. Pictures to come after Jon gets up and goes to work so I can get out the laptop! 10:30 cst or so.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
So guess no claiming dibs on items huh... right now with what I want to bid on, I'm at $135 (no clue about shipping)... we have a new macaw in the house, so we should be allowed to win all the toy auctions we bid on... I think I read a rule somewhere that anyone who adopted a second blue and gold on Thursday, January 18th got first pick of the auctions they wanted to win... it was really tiny print but sure I read it somewhere....

:winnerdance::winnerdance::winnerdance::winnerdance:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I have no brain food on board to figure Canada post out… at the moment it's a toss up between some dry cereal or pineapple coconut cake. Probably both. Just to be sure. :coffeescreen:

Pineapple coconut cake sounds good right about now! I just put "Buyer pays" on your books. If you want me to be more specific I can, I just wasn't sure if they were all still going to be in the $3 range within US.

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I know it's late... but would anyone here in the States be interested in a box of Tastykake goodies?? Anyone who has moved from the Mid-Atlantic area will know Tastykake's, I know they are not nationwide and it is perfect weather for shipping.

Let me know and I'll grab some pics offline for options - butterscotch krimpets, peanut butter tandy kakes, chocolate filled, etc. and put a post together for Jennifer to grab and get listed. Yeah she's gonna kill me :)

I will also be happy to do multiple boxes if multiple people would like a box of them!

What are these? Cake? Donuts? Packaged cakes like Joe Louis/Little Debbie's/Vachon, etc?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Pictures for the TNT Food and the Dexter's Doodads!

dexters_doodads.jpg food.png

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I didn’t know there was a maximum number!;). I don’t read everything apparently!

Throw in a 16oz package of TNT food with a starting bid of $5 and a Dexter’s Doodads with a starting bid of $15. Pictures to come after Jon gets up and goes to work so I can get out the laptop! 10:30 cst or so.

Buyer pays shipping? :)

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Item name: Mac Beanie Baby. His name is Jabber.

Description: The Mac is pre-owned, but in perfect shape. Nice bright colors. His tag is protected and the attachment is original. According to Ebay info, Jabber was hatched in 1997

Bidding beginning at $7. Free shipping in the USA. In Canada, we’ll figure it out.

F9D18A3D-DC3B-4055-AE10-2A13AD78C806.jpeg AD7A90B5-C68E-4C12-9BF1-C753EB4198CA.jpeg

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer