• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AUCTION WPR & Lucky Lou Legacy Auction Donations

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Oh I think I get it now! You use the lino as a stamp and stamp it on paper! Duh! :dead:
A much tougher stamp, but pretty much! These take a heck of a lot more pressure to get a print.

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@DQTimnehs so if any of us would like to donate more than 4 items, are we allowed? I found a few palm daisies to make some pinwheels I used to make for all the fundraisers, okay if I do a 5th item or will I be beaten with a molted bird feather? :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
A signed and numbered art print from and original painting I did. Soft muted colors and the interesting texture of the pelican feathers are a great blend. Created from a composite of photos I took of individual pelicans, separate background and the pilings they are standing on ... this whole painting was pieced together.. The background is Garden City Point in South Carolina and the pilings were taken from a local marina. The birds were photographed on a bridge in Florida. They're young pelicans so they lack the colorful head of the adults. The bird on the right was banded as the brown pelican used to be on the endangered species list. I titled this group of three pelicans "The Committee". This painting was done in watercolor..one of my favorite mediums!

My apologies for fuzzy photos. I'm not the best photographer of the prints. The painting has tight detail in person.

Starting bid is $35.00
Shipping is estimated to be 8.50 - 10.00 in the U.S. paid by the winning bidder.

Prints will be shipped rolled up in a durable mailing tube. I roll them up and wrap them in paper and secure them inside the tube. Who ever you choose to frame the print can use their press to flatten the print for framing. Quality paper but let a framer take it out of the tube for safe keeping.

The image size: 24x 16 1/4

Overall size: 27x 20 1/2 ( with white border and the title of the painting)

The Committee 1.JPG

The Committee 2.JPG

The Committee Detail.JPG

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
This is a print from an original painting I did in watercolor. It has all the vibrant jewel tones of nature. There are seven turtles basking in the sun with their little legs stretched out to gather the suns rays to warm up after being in the chilly pond.

The image size of the print is 34inches x 9 1/4 inches... the overall size with the border around the image is 40 inches by 15 1/4 inches. Perfect for that long wall and the nature lover!

Printed on 100lb Lustro Dull acid free #1 grade paper to assure quality. Signed and numbered by the artist ( Me).

These photos are on the fuzzy side, I apologize for my terrible photography skills. The print is precise and detailed in person! If need be I can take better photos when the weather clears up here.

Starting bid is $35.00

Shipping estimate is 8.50 - 10.00 paid by winning bidder.

Prints will be shipped rolled up in a durable mailing tube. I roll them up and wrap them in paper and secure them inside the tube. Who ever you choose to frame the print can use their press to flatten the print for framing. Quality paper but let a framer take it out of the tube for safe keeping.

Forgot to mention… This painting is titled "Waterway Ballet". The title is on the white portion of the print. I'll have to take an extra photo to show that.

TurtlePrint4436.JPG

CenterTurtle4445.JPG

RightTurtle4442.JPG

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@DQTimnehs so if any of us would like to donate more than 4 items, are we allowed? I found a few palm daisies to make some pinwheels I used to make for all the fundraisers, okay if I do a 5th item or will I be beaten with a molted bird feather? :)

The limit is 5. If the boss (Danita) breaks it, well, I can't argue. And I may open it up later in the week depending on how it's looking. :)

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@Peachfaced I like your linoleum block!

@DQTimnehs My parrot painting is not going to be complete until tomorrow. I have literally worked on it all day, and the silly parrot said he wanted a different background to show off his feathers! Little diva!

So here's my listing, sans picture:

Blue & Gold Macaw, 9X12 - on pastel paper, unframed. Will ship flat.
starting bid $25
Buyer to pay $10 shipping, if there's an overage I will refund, if it is more I will cover it.

Thanks, Tanya! How did the art competition go?

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
43 item threads done, just waiting on a couple of pix! :D

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

Thanks, Tanya! How did the art competition go?
It’s on Monday, I was just drawing, painting to choose which medium, which paper to use, finding a frame and...you know, being nervous. We go out and paint in tthe historic district and people come and watch and Talk and talk and talk. [Excuse me, I’m trying to paint!]

We have 3 hours to complete our work and get it back to the art center FRAMED. Last year my goal was not to embarrass myself, and I didn’t.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Parrots Treasure is going to do a donation but they need a couple of days to get toys made for it. Is that okay?

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Parrots Treasure is going to do a donation but they need a couple of days to get toys made for it. Is that okay?

Yes. It would be best if I could get all info but the pix (if not available) in 1 post here, so I can do the thread and just add the pix later. :)

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
48 item posts done, just missing 2 pix. :) When do you guys want a preview of the main thread? I'm thinking Thursday-ish? :smuggrin:

I am waiting on info for at least 16 more items and have room for 100 total. The sooner the better! ;)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Gaaaah. Redid the background and still not happy. Here is a pic but PLEASE keep in mind it is "under construction." I spent over 2 hours waiting at the walk-in clinic, or I might be done by now.

IMG_3551.jpg

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Gaaaah. Redid the background and still not happy. Here is a pic but PLEASE keep in mind it is "under construction." I spent over 2 hours waiting at the walk-in clinic, or I might be done by now.

View attachment 265440

Don't worry, Tanya. Your threads are done so popping in a new photo is no trouble. I think it looks great, btw! :)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Parrots Treasure is donating an early "2018 Celebration" gift bag complete with Valentines Heart, Shamrock, and Easter Egg & Easter Bunny toys. Approximate value $46 and they will pay shipping to US.

Picture not available until later this week.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes. It would be best if I could get all info but the pix (if not available) in 1 post here, so I can do the thread and just add the pix later. :)
Got all the info but the starting bid.... I was told to use my best judgment. I am. I'm asking you!

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month