• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wow what progress Paco has made!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Well now he has gotten over his fear of the newspaper and his happily shredded the paper at the bottom of his cage, next step a paper towel roll. Do I need to check for glue?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Secret loves a corrugated cardboard roll toy. I take one section at a time and put it on a skewer.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Not sure about skewers, he growls and ruffles at a spray of millet, LOL Where did you find a corrugated cardboard roll toy at?

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Not sure about skewers, he growls and ruffles at a spray of millet, LOL Where did you find a corrugated cardboard roll toy at?
You know what else is fun?! Those card board egg cartons ( not the Styrofoam ones) you get eggs in from store. I cut them in half then put treats in each little hole. Then place on bottom of cage, they forage then chew up carton. A fun time for them.
IMG_20190809_112031.jpg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I'll have to look at it later. I think it may have been like a zoo max toy. Not sure. I bought it from some place that a member posted about on the forums. A big chain store that was getting rid of their bird stuff. Got it cheap but didn't like the yarn it was put together with so I pull a cardboard section off periodically and put it in a skewer.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Thanks, that sounds like a great idea! Just not sure how he will react but will sure give it a shot!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Thanks, that sounds like a great idea! Just not sure how he will react but will sure give it a shot!
Place on bottom of cage with a little type of snack on each hole in egg carton, then mix it up with a variety of treats. He'll eventually come down to bottom of cage and look.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Thanks for the tip. I think he is getting over his fear of the newspaper, I have heard him twice on the bottom chewing it up. I don't have a grate over it, but I do keep the cage very clean, it's easy since he poos and sits in only two places, well, three the one outside of his cage.