• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wow..That was lucky...Lost our dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greymatron

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
So today, well, tonight, I lost our dog. I do not know when it happened..:eek: All I thought was 'I don't remember taking him outside to go potty, so I don't think I forgot him out there'...but I did open the door to take the garbage out. So he snuck out without me seeing or hearing him. My daughter was standing at the doorway and looking behind me as I turned around to come back inside. I should have looked behind me(assuming he was even there) to look, but I didn't. I shooed her inside and closed the door. I'm used to our dog sleeping on the couch and not making much if any noise, sometimes I can't even hear him breathing..:lol:So I didn't even question anything. Around 11pm I thought...Wait a minute...I haven't seen Stump...:confused: I looked in all the rooms, then looked outside the front and back door. Nothing. So I sat there and thought. He doesn't have his collar on, but unless someone takes him to the vet they won't know to get him checked for a microchip..Anyway.
I sat down at the computer to make flyers because I decided I'd go for a walk around the block putting those up and look for him, even though at this point it was half an hour later and I didn't have high hopes of finding him. Anyway, the second I sit down I hear nails on the back door. So I hit my shin on one of my daughter's toys and turned the light on and looked out the door. He was doing his happy dance..:rolleyes: So I let him in and he was so happy and running around all silly. Like he was trying to tell me of his 30+ minute adventure.

Anyway...Learned my lesson...He is being locked up whenever I open the door from now on. Basically, even though this ended very well without me having to search outside for him, please be careful with your pets...Its been 5 years and its the first time this has happened with him..

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I'm glad it all turned out okay. Silly dog!

birdbrain9

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Donna
Stump's outside adventure huh? So glad it turned out ok. Its one of my worst fears: to lose a pet even though mine are chipped i still worry.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have had it happen to me too! It is scary! I am so glad he returned home just like my Raven did!

greymatron

Real Name
Nicole
I'm surprised he found his way home, to be honest. I didn't know he was 'smart' enough...Is that mean? Its a huge complex(seriously, you could probably retire off of one month of this place) and most of the doors are colored the same..So its cool he knows ours...Unless he went from door to door until he got the right one..:rofl:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so glad he is back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.