• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

WOW - Black Lory's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
The pet shop that I got Reggie D2 from had a pair for sale. That was over seven years ago though and I have no idea what they were asking for them...I was too busy bonding with the white flying rat with feathers!:)

Ally

Walking the driveway
Real Name
ally
be careful, thats the website i got stretch from... and i love stretch to pieces, but could i have done it over again, i would have... we went through alot his frist week home

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
be careful, thats the website i got stretch from... and i love stretch to pieces, but could i have done it over again, i would have... we went through alot his frist week home
There's a lot of people that sell animals on hoobly. Some are ok, some are not. Of course always be careful sending people money over the internet.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Wow, they are quite pretty! Never heard of them before today!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I only buy locally from there, I've only had 2 birds shipped and I didn't find him on there:) But I spoke with the breeder for over a year before getting my blue Quakers shipped to me.

but I do sell on there as well, but locally is about all I do, I've only sold one set of birds to some one in MN. but he drove the 12hr trip to come and pick them up - they were lovebirds - I won't ship them and he really really really wanted them.

Joey

Hit the Road
so i got to see the black lory's pair here today. well yesterday even.
i've got to say they look very beautiful but the presentation was total ****, if you don't mind my language. imagine them both in a TINY cage, scared big time, and i bet they might have potential health problems.

and they were being sold really cheap. $1,222 for two raaaare birds here is a joke. but i guess it's really good for someone who wants to 'rescue' them and give them a better place to live in, even though i seriously doubt they might be able to tame/bond with them. ;\

runningoutofroom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
just got one in at the rescue i volunteer at here is a picture of young male. doesn't show his tail which on the underside it very colorful

Attachments

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
so adorable :)

it's weird though they don't look like Lories at all since they're all black

just like to me Yellow (and Lutino) Quaker Parrots don't look like Quakers they just look like an over sized Tweety bird to me lol

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
I must be insane because i didnt think that was a bad price LOL. I was expecting alot more to be honest..expecially a bird like that that seems rare. I know Galahs go for 1800+ here. And i would imagine those are rarer

Status
Not open for further replies.