• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would you use apple branches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsunconure

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raymond :]
And please do not notice how that the branch has more bark in the first picture. The pictures above are chronologically wrong.

CosmoKramer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zach
Dont want to high jack your thread Raymond, but has anyone used Crapemyrtle branches before?
We are going to trim ours soon and I want to make some use of the branches. Not sure if there are going to be some big enough for perches, but deffinatly toy parts!

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
There are tons of tree and plant identification sites, here is one
http://dendro.cnre.vt.edu/forsite/Idtree.htm

There are also forums you can post pictures and people will help, that is what I did when I needed a tree in my yard identified. You can try to figure it out yourself by the leaf shape, but I tried and had no luck at all, it was like a different language!
Thanks! I'm going to have to do some research. I've got 2 acres FULL of trees and often wonder which ones I can use.

Onyxena

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Morgan
My guys LOVE natural branches! Lots of apple wood available here, but I use a few others also, can't recall all the names. But I have checked lists and id'd what could be used. I can buy a $60 macaw toy and it will hang in a cage for a month almost untouched, but put in a fresh branch with leaves and bark, they all go nuts! They will pick and peel and chew for hours. I really haven't seen them actually eating much if any, but the toy factor is undeniable. Goodluck!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I actually have an entire apple tree in my front room..we stripped the leaves, stuck it in our bathtub and let it soak over night in 1/2 cup bleach then rinsed a gazillion times...let dry..hubby built a base for it et voila..very u gly tree in the front room that Sam has played on for hours

Status
Not open for further replies.