• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would you describe your Pionus as nervous?

atomicfriday

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Shannon
for a I would say Bebe is more cautious than nervous. She is shy around new people (but will bite them if they press the issue) and like most pionus I think she takes her time to observe and trust in people and situations. I learn more about her all the time and I have had her for three years.

She has no problem hanging onto my shoulder and will scoot up and down my back to compensate while I lean over. I could probably jog and she would hang on. We have a thing where I will jump up while she's on and she will launch herself up in a sort of hang time in the air. She is an expert flyer. I have seen her go from turbo speed to a dead stop, hover in the air, and change complete direction. She will also go full speed through barely open doors, going in completely sideways. Not to mention she is faaast!!

Bebe loves looking out the window, but if she sees a "scary" bird she will scream. Most the times she is very interested and will chatter and talk for a bit then go on a preening session.

Last edited: