• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would Anyone Be Interested in a Booklovers Lane, or maybe Reader's Circle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I always love a good book discussion and I know there are several people who like to read on AA. Maybe we could have quarterly book club discussions?

Ginger

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
And I thought archived material could be put in The Library.

Ginger

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ginger that may be a good Social Group room set up. :)

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I agree!!!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Okay Marie,

I didn't even think of the Social Groups. I think I will start one, if I can figure it out.

Ginger

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
A social group for book lovers is a great idea!

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
hehe I'm in too :)

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
I'll join :D But I probably don't read the same things as many of you ... I still like to talk and hear about books though :D

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
The next thing we want to add to our house is a floor to ceiling "library corner" like in the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast :)
This will help me start my library collection!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
What do you like to read Jamie? What's fun about a Book Club is that you get to read stuff you would never choose for yourself.

Ginger

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
What do you like to read Jamie? What's fun about a Book Club is that you get to read stuff you would never choose for yourself.

Ginger
It varies with my mood ... I've read all kinds of stuff over the years ... lately I've mostly just read a lot of nonfiction stuff. I do like to hear about books then I generally go skim the in the bookstore to see if they really do interest me :D

My grandmother ran a small public library from her home when I was growing up. She had a rotating collection of books that the state provided ... at the peak she had a few thousand books there in the library. By the time I had graduated high school I'd read a couple of thousand of them, haha. I read a lot less now than I did when I was growing up.

Last edited:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
OMG!!! My Grandmother was a librarian and manned the Bookmoblie for many, many years.

Ginger

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
OMG!!! My Grandmother was a librarian and manned the Bookmoblie for many, many years.

Ginger
:D what a coincidence ... yes, that's what it was .... she started it in about 1980 and let it go in about 1999 or 2000, I think. I don't remember exactly when. They came every 6 weeks and she would return a large number of books and then take new ones. During the summer I'd go to her house when they were there to help her pick them out. Also, she'd take requests and they would mail them to her in-between visits. For many years she was the top library in the TN system.... in this area it was called the Warioto Regional Library System .... there've been a few newspaper articles about her library. I'll have to see if I can find any online.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Ohhh I love to read.... going to join now!

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I'm in too!

It would be nice to have a section where we can post good books we've read and can recommend, even if it isn't the selection at the time.

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I may join, but like Jamie, I probably won't like the same books as you all pick. I have to be able to immerse myself in a book within the first few pages or else I won't read any more of it. I am very picky about my books.

Right now I am reading a James Patterson book called The Beach House. it is taking me a little longer than usual to read because I am also trying to do a challenge called National Novel Writing Month. We are to try and write a 50,000 word novel in a month. I am having lots of fun doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.