• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuna Matata

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
With the age of the kitten, I am inclined to agree that something else other than rabies is likely to be the cause of his illness. Rabies can have a long incubation period, and even with a shorter one, the timeline would have the kitten being bitten even before he was weaned (like at 5-6wks old).

One another note, if he has been treated for fleas - these symptoms are also similar to a flea medication overdose. Drooling, very ill, sometimes diarrhea...

Sophie's Mama

Walking the driveway
Shelters can only keep information that is given to them. In many cases animals are dropped off with no history. The short turn over rate in shelters leave the general public at risk. Although they give all of their animals rabies before they are adopted, if an animal has already contracted the disease it will not cure it. Please do not think this is a common occurrence, I am a rescue and have been working with shelters for many years. I have never had a dog come home with Rabies! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all, please keep us posted!:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.