• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Worried **Sad Update**

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I"m so sorry for your loss

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry for your loss.

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
So very sorry, you tried your best . Try to find a breeder, in the future if problems arise they could help you or answer any concerns you might have.

Last edited:

Robin8888

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Robin
Had a call from our vet about an hour ago, our little girl didn't make it through the night, I'm devastated she was bought as an early birthday present for my autistic son, it's on Saturday and I haven't been able to break the news to him yet, just wanted to thank you all again for your well wishes it means a lot.
I am so sorry :( I know how much harder this is with an autistic child. My daughter has autism.
:sadhug2::sad7:

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I am so sorry for you loss. May Blu fly free and high looking over your family :sorrow:

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
Thank you everyone, I've contacted the shop were she was bought to let them know shr died, they offered a budgie as replacement which I thought was a little insulting, but I honestly wouldn't take anything they offered as I'd worry about another bird from there being sick too..... Didn't have the heart to tell my son she died so I told him she needs special care so its best she stay with the vet, I do have a question for anyone who can help.....We will at some point be getting another bird as although we only had her a short time the house seems too quiet and my son is eager to have a birdy friend, my question is.....Is it possible to clean our cage well enough for a new bird? I have no idea if blue was contagious but would obviously like to make sure everything is germ free before bringing a new baby home.
So very sorry for your loss. I had purchased an 8 week old Love Bird last summer and noticed almost immediately that the droppings indicated liver disease. Sure enough. After 6 days in the hospital my poor Echo passed due to a clot in the liver. As with you the owner of the shop offered me another Love Bird but I refused. It took me a very long time to get over Echo even though I only had him a few days. In late November I decided to get another bird and did a lot of researching on where to purchase one. Had my heart set on another Love Bird but fell in love with an eight week old Pacific Blue Parrotlet. In answer to your question regarding the cage and all contents of the cage. It definitely must be washed and disinfected. Nature’s Miracle puts out an excellent spray for washing the cage or you can use a solution of dawn dishwashing and water. You can make your own disinfectant by mixing 3 cups of hot water with 3 tablespoons of baking soda and three tablespoons of lemon juice. After washing the cage and all washable items disinfect the cage and items with the solution you made and rinse very well. Let dry throughly. Anything that can’t be washed and disinfected (cloth or rope chew toys etc.) throw out. Your cage and items are now ready for your new arrival. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you the very best with your new bird.