1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Worried parront

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Nuttyone, 5/14/18.

1. Nuttyone

Nuttyone Meeting neighbors

Well Lewie does have me concerned. Since his accidental land and scritch hes not himself at all. He is totally avoiding me, i took a step backwards and am now treating him with long length millet, which he will eat but tentively.
    However hes seems to be snoozing a lot more and point blank refuses to come out of the cage. This really isnt my baby boy and i am wondering is this normal or have i cause yo be concerned.

2. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    I am not sure at all, don’t take what I am going to say too serious lol! It’s just a guess!
    Could it be that he was actually scared while you petted him? Sometimes, when an animal especially birds gets scared, they let everything happen. I have had that happen at a few times with wild birds at the bird rescue, and a few wild birds that stayed over at my house before taking them as well. They let themselves be handled very quietly whereas before the freaked out.

3. Nuttyone

Thats kind of the lines i was thinking, poor Lewie, I really do feel for him. I guess time and paitience is the key treatment. I am not so bothered about me I am more worried for him. However we have all the time in the world. I will wait on him. Thank you for replying x

TikiMyn likes this.
  4. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    If that was the case I am sure he Will come around soon with your loving care!:heart:

5. Jas

Jas Rollerblading along the road

Jasmine
    These things take time (and treats) birds are also good Judges of character and can understand how we feel, they can pick up on human body language. Try to be as calm and as least threatening as you can, hands are scary so moving slow and removing yourself when birdie gets scared means that you'll become less threatening.

TikiMyn likes this.
  6. Nuttyone

I have been aware of this, the advice on this forum is 2nd to none, and i have just taken it at lewies pace.
    In saying that, after i wrote my last reply Lewie came to his outside perch and took small ball millet from my fingers. In no way am i under the illusion he trusts me yet, however after being so worried, this is a huge step for us again. I will continue to take it slowly with him. Everthing is at his pace...always.

Jas likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)