• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Worried my baby turquoise green cheeked conure will be stressed out

crystalite

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Michelle
Hi there!

Yesterday, I brought home my three-month-old turquoise green-cheeked conure, who had just been weaned from Your Basic Bird, a nearby establishment. It was quite unexpected as his parents had a clutch of five babies, all of whom are incredibly energetic, affectionate, and loving! As soon as I placed him in his cage at my house, he became extremely enthusiastic and followed me around within his enclosure. He had no trouble stepping up or allowing me to pet his head. Whenever I left the room, he would call out to me, and when I sat down at my desk next to his cage, he stayed close to my side. Despite it being past his bedtime, I covered his cage with a sleeping cover, but he persistently tried to remove it. Eventually, he managed to peer at me through a small opening at the bottom that the cover didn't reach.

Today, he is still very excited and craves my attention! I'm considering introducing him to my living room, which isn't particularly spacious. However, I'm concerned that it might cause him stress. What are your thoughts on this?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I would probably give it a few days, let him get more used to being in a new environment in general before taking him to a new room. Let him decompress a bit :)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I don't see that moving him is a big deal. We treat psittacines as if they're made of crystal. I'm not saying do whatever you want, but they're not made of gossamer. I could tell you stories.I'd place the cage in an area in which he would be part of your household. And when you cover him for bed, he needs to be in a quiet, dark room. If he can hear activity, he's not going to rest and will pull the sleep cover off.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I am with @aooratrix I treat my birds from day one what I would like them to get use to I give them a day to adjust to new cage and let them out

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Maybe I'm too used to sensitive birds :roflmao:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
With a baby like this who wants to be with you and I would go for it. Little ones still need to be with flock and learning. They need more attention and guidance, to be more secure and independent later. They are ready to be a sponge learning of new foods and how to be .
Congratulations on your new addition