1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

work

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by emzymayzy, 8/26/17.

1. emzymayzy

emzymayzy Sprinting down the street

Emma
    i don't know if this is the right place to put this but i do hate going to work with my birds at home soo cute their looks when i leave the house like puppy eyes any one else feel like this when they go to work??

2. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road

Diane
    I used to feel this way but I always make it a point to give Blu something yummy to eat righr before I go, then tell him "I gotta go to work, I'll be back " and he doesn't even make a fuss now.

Infact, one day, I didn't go to work and I stayed with him much longer than usual and he started getting cranky. Then I told him I had to go, I'll be back, he actually seemed glad I was leaving. Lol. He wagged his tail and looked at me like "finally! I can take my nap now":rolleyes:

3. emzymayzy

Emma
    hahahaha hilarious

4. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Karen
    We don't make a big deal of leaving so we don't get the animals excited; we want it to be a non-event. But like @CrazyBirdChick , we give Buzzard a nut in a shell to make it a positive experience and to keep his big beak busy and quiet.

5. WeasleyLover

WeasleyLover Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran SuperHero

Maddy
    I've just started working for the first time 2 or so months ago, and my birds seem okay with it. I don't like leaving them, but it is only for a short period of time. Jester and Grey Bird usually get a new toy to keep them busy while I'm gone, and I make sure to tell them all "Love you, see you later! Bye!". Grey Bird always makes sure to say "love you!' back! :xflove:

emzymayzy and Princessbella like this.
  6. Lodah

Lodah Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

I always give Pilo a scritch before saying goodbye in the morning... He seems happy about that, albeit, my wife stays home with him during the day so he doesn't get lonely, so I don't know if that counts!
    BTW... the wife is happy to see me go too! :rofl:

7. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    Yes we WAIT to see hubby leave and then say "whew thank goodness!"

8. Lodah

:bliss::toofunny:

emzymayzy, zoo mom and finchly like this.
  9. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

emzymayzy and zoo mom like this.
  10. EllaMay

EllaMay Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

April
    Ella response as I am leaving... I just had closed the door leading to the garage, I heard Ella Yell "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" and state "go lay down" to Brut. Obviously it's a party when I leave for work and my poor ole man Brut gets bossed around. :rolleyes:

11. finchly

Tanya
    emzymayzy and Lodah like this.
  12. Lodah

Its a sad reality! :dance4:

emzymayzy and finchly like this.
  13. finchly

Tanya
    Yes. Definitely (getting serious now, sorry for the earlier silliness)

In fact I was just thinking I really REALLY need to join the gym, but if I do that is more time away from the fids. It's a dilemma.

Some of mine can see me when i go toward the garage, well Rio especially so he starts the alarm and they all yell. Which makes it even harder to leave. BUT then you get to come back and greet them and they are happy again.

emzymayzy likes this.
  14. emzymayzy

Emma
    Awww so cute my budgies are the worst now since i got the cockatiels they jump around like crazy to go and see them they did it to me before they came but now they are even worse

finchly likes this.
  15. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Elaine
    I work nights but before I leave I give them all a treat and then tell them I have to go earn birdy food. There is some short lived squawking then they enjoy their treats then yell for my husband.

16. Princessbella

Princessbella Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month

Theresa
    Bella will show me her butt when I leave but what do you expect from a diva?

Lodah, emzymayzy and finchly like this.
  17. finchly

Tanya
    Lol

emzymayzy likes this.
  18. hellen

hellen Strolling the yard

hellen
    i try and explain to mine that its very important i go to work otherwise how are we all supposed to eat! they get a lot of out time and we are all together, i do feel they are happy, so i think of that as i go to work , but still, it is hard to leave them.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)