• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

work

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I used to feel this way but I always make it a point to give Blu something yummy to eat righr before I go, then tell him "I gotta go to work, I'll be back " and he doesn't even make a fuss now.

Infact, one day, I didn't go to work and I stayed with him much longer than usual and he started getting cranky. Then I told him I had to go, I'll be back, he actually seemed glad I was leaving. Lol. He wagged his tail and looked at me like "finally! I can take my nap now":rolleyes:

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
I used to feel this way but I always make it a point to give Blu something yummy to eat righr before I go, then tell him "I gotta go to work, I'll be back " and he doesn't even make a fuss now.

Infact, one day, I didn't go to work and I stayed with him much longer than usual and he started getting cranky. Then I told him I had to go, I'll be back, he actually seemed glad I was leaving. Lol. He wagged his tail and looked at me like "finally! I can take my nap now":rolleyes:
hahahaha hilarious

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We don't make a big deal of leaving so we don't get the animals excited; we want it to be a non-event. But like @CrazyBirdChick , we give Buzzard a nut in a shell to make it a positive experience and to keep his big beak busy and quiet.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I've just started working for the first time 2 or so months ago, and my birds seem okay with it. I don't like leaving them, but it is only for a short period of time. Jester and Grey Bird usually get a new toy to keep them busy while I'm gone, and I make sure to tell them all "Love you, see you later! Bye!". Grey Bird always makes sure to say "love you!' back! :xflove:

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I always give Pilo a scritch before saying goodbye in the morning... He seems happy about that, albeit, my wife stays home with him during the day so he doesn't get lonely, so I don't know if that counts!
BTW... the wife is happy to see me go too! :rofl:

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Ella response as I am leaving... I just had closed the door leading to the garage, I heard Ella Yell "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" and state "go lay down" to Brut. Obviously it's a party when I leave for work and my poor ole man Brut gets bossed around. :rolleyes:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
i don't know if this is the right place to put this but i do hate going to work with my birds at home soo cute their looks when i leave the house like puppy eyes any one else feel like this when they go to work??
Yes. Definitely (getting serious now, sorry for the earlier silliness)

In fact I was just thinking I really REALLY need to join the gym, but if I do that is more time away from the fids. It's a dilemma.

Some of mine can see me when i go toward the garage, well Rio especially so he starts the alarm and they all yell. Which makes it even harder to leave. BUT then you get to come back and greet them and they are happy again.

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
Yes. Definitely (getting serious now, sorry for the earlier silliness)

In fact I was just thinking I really REALLY need to join the gym, but if I do that is more time away from the fids. It's a dilemma.

Some of mine can see me when i go toward the garage, well Rio especially so he starts the alarm and they all yell. Which makes it even harder to leave. BUT then you get to come back and greet them and they are happy again.
Awww so cute my budgies are the worst now since i got the cockatiels they jump around like crazy to go and see them they did it to me before they came but now they are even worse

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I work nights but before I leave I give them all a treat and then tell them I have to go earn birdy food. There is some short lived squawking then they enjoy their treats then yell for my husband.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella will show me her butt when I leave but what do you expect from a diva?

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
i try and explain to mine that its very important i go to work otherwise how are we all supposed to eat! they get a lot of out time and we are all together, i do feel they are happy, so i think of that as i go to work , but still, it is hard to leave them.