1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wondering if.................

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by Lady Jane, 6/28/19.

1. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    AA will be having an auction this year. Its been a while. I like to donate items.

2. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award SUPER HERO

Karen
    Good question
    :bump7:
    The auctions are always so much fun!

3. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    No replies from those that would know?

BeanieofJustice and faislaq like this.
  4. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award SUPER HERO

Karen
    Wait, asking about auctions isn't a woodshed-able offense, is it? :scared5:

BeanieofJustice and Lady Jane like this.
  5. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Steph
    That would be fun if it's something they still plan to do.

faislaq likes this.
  6. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard JOLLY-PATROLLY Super Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Sadie
    That would be a question for @Danita

I am NOT volunteering as auctioneer. Secret Santa is enough crazy for me, thank you! :rofl:

Shezbug, Clueless, Danita and 3 others like this.
  7. Lady Jane

Dianne
    The auctions are a fund raiser for bird rescues.

BeanieofJustice and faislaq like this.
  8. faislaq

Karen
    Great! So far we've got a donor and an auctioneer! [​IMG] All we need is an auction.

Last edited by a moderator: 6/28/19
  9. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard JOLLY-PATROLLY Super Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Sadie
    How sweet of you!

:embarassed:

Clueless, BeanieofJustice and faislaq like this.
  10. faislaq

Karen
    :bonnie: I may have deserved that. :facepalm:

11. Peachfaced

Sadie
    :rofl: Maybe. Just a little.

Clueless, BeanieofJustice and faislaq like this.
  12. Danita

Danita Ripping up the road Super Administrator Chief Beak Avenue Veteran

Danita
    We certainly could have an auction.
    There are lots of rescue things I am involved with here in Canada.

I fundraise for toys for the Greyt Lady, she is a woman that fostered and loved 27 greys from the World Parrot Refuge Rescue, there is 7 left and one needs cataract surgery, he is blind but a candidate for the surgery, they need 2300, and have about 1200 now. They also have about 12 other cockatoos and macaws that are under the care of my Vet. These are birds who no one wanted and still don't want. Major behavioural problems, elderly, sick, etc.

Then there is Keiko, who is still being rehabbed at the clinic, I think their bill is around $8000 now, not sure. He is sponsored by one lady who does all the fundraising herself.

Then there are my Farm Birds that a few of us collectively rescued from the petting zoo. Two macaws, a Too, and an Amazon are adopted already. There are two Amazons and two Australians left. There is that bill that I fundraise through Lucky Lou Coco Too. They are under the Lucky Lou Legacy Project.

Lady Jane, Shezbug, faislaq and 3 others like this.
  13. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Lady Jane, Shezbug, faislaq and 2 others like this.
  14. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Steph
    Yay! It'd be wonderful to be able to help them out.

Shezbug and faislaq like this.
  15. Peachfaced

Sadie
    Ugh... is no one gonna volunteer? If I do this, I'm limiting the total amount of auction items so that I don't go completely insane. Plus, it seems with all of the threads we had going last time, a lot of things got missed entirely.

Shezbug, Lady Jane and faislaq like this.
  16. Lady Jane

Dianne
    Good idea. If there is a limit would that lower the funds raised?

faislaq and Shezbug like this.
  17. Peachfaced

Sadie
    Not necessarily. If you have fewer listings, not as many of them will get missed. Bids might even be better/higher.

You could always do listings where smaller items are lumped together - like jewelry. One listing could include a set of earrings and a bracelet or ring.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)