• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Woah! How do you train this behavior?!?!?!?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
@Macawnutz I really think you need to get someone to learn this for your show!:D

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey Jen, this was posted a few days ago. Someone was able to play it backwards. Seems likely that's how it was done.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Hey Jen, this was posted a few days ago. Someone was able to play it backwards. Seems likely that's how it was done.
Darn! I thought this might be something you could actually teach! LOL!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
It's still pretty cool and I'd still like to see Sarah do it with one of her Macaws!:rofl:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's still pretty cool and I'd still like to see Sarah do it with one of her Macaws!:rofl:

I'm going to gather it's a little bird trick. :laugh: I'd need a bit more area to right side an upside macaw. :hilarious:

Throwing them from the upside could be done but that's a small area to work in when you have six times the wing and tail. If you threw them high enough and took a few steps back.... maybe?
Hmmmm, :confused: Trying to think of one that would let me try it and not bludgeon me for being so stupid. :rofl:

Sam Volar and Tiko are too heavy to maneuver advanced flying. They all fly like bowling balls and have to much thrust when landing. :facepalm:
Kailua , Cha and Sakie are not flyers. Sakie is ending her flying and Kailua has just started. Cha has never and will never fly.
That leaves Maui and Korbel.... they are both at home and I don't have the ceiling to do it... Both in my head have promise to do it... They would have to land on an arm over the palm of a hand...

Yes, I think they could do it. I might be closing on a house in three weeks that has 10 foot ceilings. ;) Let's postpone this test. :laugh:

Little birds.... @Laurie Can you do this?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm going to gather it's a little bird trick. :laugh: I'd need a bit more area to right side an upside macaw. :hilarious:

Throwing them from the upside could be done but that's a small area to work in when you have six times the wing and tail. If you threw them high enough and took a few steps back.... maybe?
Hmmmm, :confused: Trying to think of one that would let me try it and not bludgeon me for being so stupid. :rofl:

Sam Volar and Tiko are too heavy to maneuver advanced flying. They all fly like bowling balls and have to much thrust when landing. :facepalm:
Kailua , Cha and Sakie are not flyers. Sakie is ending her flying and Kailua has just started. Cha has never and will never fly.
That leaves Maui and Korbel.... they are both at home and I don't have the ceiling to do it... Both in my head have promise to do it... They would have to land on an arm over the palm of a hand...

Yes, I think they could do it. I might be closing on a house in three weeks that has 10 foot ceilings. ;) Let's postpone this test. :laugh:

Little birds.... @Laurie Can you do this?
What about one of the Cockatoos? They are so much lighter! I don't think there's anyone in my flock who would be willing to do this or even try. Maybe Chevey but she's pretty head strong!:)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Speaking of tricks, I did know someone with a U2 female who she could gently thow into the air and she would fly back to her arm right away...kind of the same concept!:)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
What about one of the Cockatoos? They are so much lighter! I don't think there's anyone in my flock who would be willing to do this or even try. Maybe Chevey but she's pretty head strong!:)

Coco will only fly when startled or wanting to take someone's face off and Nikki has a broken wing. :laugh: Otherwise yes, a cockatoo could easily do it.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Coco will only fly when startled or wanting to take someone's face off and Nikki has a broken wing. :laugh: Otherwise yes, a cockatoo could easily do it.
I'd be willing to lend you one of our Cockatoos!;)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'll say it a thousand times. A pink for a white!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My caiques were very happy laying on their backs. I bet I could have done this, reversed that is. But my guess is many friendly caiques could. Yeah, I want to see a macaw or 'too.