• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures with much regrets i had to rehome Percy#28#55

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Neighbors move & new ones move in many times in the life of a long lived bird. What's OK today now might not be OK tomorrow.

We have to live with children screaming & running around playing basketball over out heads but our pets have no rights & it not fair but if you rent or live in a condo /coop you never know what the future will bring...

I'm so sorry...its heartbreaking...

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
he is gone i now have a very young cat it is not the same but Percy needed more then i could give

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry ..so very sorry :(

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry you had to do this and I hope he and his new flock are happy together. I lived in a rental for 22 years and never had a issue with Nerd bird and the neighbors or landlord but it was a small house with a large lot set back from most of the others there.
I bought this much bigger house so everything is mine to control but nobody's complained so far.
Hang in there and maybe someday life will change and you can get another fid:sadhug:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
he is gone i now have a very young cat it is not the same but Percy needed more then i could give
I'm so sorry! I wanted to reply earlier but I just don't have the words to express just how heartbreaking this is. I hope you are ok? I hope Percy will be okay too.

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
While it's gotta be incredibly sad for you, our animal buddies are powerless and because of that they're always what matters. If you found him a good home where he can be happy that's what's most important, you fulfilled the virtual contract you signed when you got him to make sure all his needs are met and he's safe and happy and that makes you a dang good cockatoo parent.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I hope you get regular updates on him.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am glad you found him a nice home. He looks like he's doing well.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
here are some more pictures

View attachment 261306
You did the best thing for Percy. He looks so happy and it looks like he is starting to grow feathers. I know it was difficult but sometimes to show love is to let the one you love be in a happier place. And that takes insight and courage. Thank you for sharing these pictures.