• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Wire panel parts source - looking

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
We are building an aviary that is attached to our house. The windows will be no-flange and set inside the framing enough for me to put a framed wire panel outside of the window but inside the same framed build out.

What I need is a source. Anyone know where to get square metal (aluminum?) tubing and corner joints? I've also seen some nails that look like oversize tacks that go into the metal and secure the wire to the frame.

Anyone know of a source?

Getting ready to put the walls, windows and cedar timbers on!!!

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Wow! Cant wait to see this finished. I dont know where to get the material but maybe Corners Limited can supply with with the tubbing? What are you going to do with your other aviary?

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Wow! Cant wait to see this finished. I dont know where to get the material but maybe Corners Limited can supply with with the tubbing? What are you going to do with your other aviary?

The other aviary will still be used. This is something that they can stay in during the day while we're at work. There will be cameras, lighting and the doors will be dead-bolted. They have a bird room now but GreycieMae and our Caique are mortal enemies so I can't keep them loose in the bird room together which means they are caged 8-10 hours a day on work days. I couldn't handle that so this is the solution.

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
PS @KimKim - are you a member of GreyForums? I can't recall who here maps to who there. I rarely come here and can never remember.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes, but I haven't been there in a while, I forgot my password and it took them a while to email me back and then I just never tried again. I guess I can try again tonight since you reminded me! :hehe:

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I'd wait a while. Apparently something got uploaded to the GreyForums server and then the site was marked by Firefox and Chrome browsers as a malicious site. They've been working on it the last week and it's been up and down. They are supposedly coming out with a whole new redesign. I find that hard to believe since we have a total of about 5 participating members there.

I kind of like it there. This site is too big, too many people, same as Facebook. Too bad they're having so many problems on GF.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I love this idea! Please post as much as you want or can so we can absorb every detail. I'm curious about what to do with the existing pipes and wires that are present. I had always just imagined screening in the back porch and putting something heavier over the screen to keep anything from getting in through the screen, but yours looks much more substantial. :wideyed: Lots of room to fly!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
It's amazing! I can't imaging needing an upgrade from that!? :confused:

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I noticed you said that you seldom come here to Avian Avenue...so I am sending the aluminum cage/enclosers/panels company link by Pm

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Same company makes this - a huge aluminum swing! It's their newest product

1bennets.jpg

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
It's amazing! I can't imaging needing an upgrade from that!? :confused:
I wouldn't need an upgrade except I can't trust leaving them out there during the day while we're not home. It's only covered in 16 ga wire so a snake could get in, a hawk could land there and harass them, etc. This is literally a non-floored (easy cleanup) addition to the house. It will be completely sealed as if they are in our house. Plus I can segregate my Grey from our Caique because they are mortal enemies and the Caique will lose that battle as Greys can be vicious. Our Caique thinks he's 10 feet tall and bullet proof but he's seriously out-gunned against our CAG.

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Thanks Deejo. I love that outdoor swing. Looks like something I'd love to hang in this new addition. Keep posting!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
PS @KimKim - are you a member of GreyForums? I can't recall who here maps to who there. I rarely come here and can never remember.
I used to be a member there. However, I posted a hilarious picture that someone took offense to. And, without warning I was banned. I even wrote a little note when I posted the pic explaining the background. Well...that's in the past. I LOVE AA. Big? Yes, but still quite intimate.

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I used to be a member there. However, I posted a hilarious picture that someone took offense to. And, without warning I was banned. I even wrote a little note when I posted the pic explaining the background. Well...that's in the past. I LOVE AA. Big? Yes, but still quite intimate.
I can't remember who you were there either. Someone on any forum will take offense with anything. I've been booted off of more FB groups than I'm now a member of, someone decides to tie it on with me I don't relent. The last one I got the boot from was my favorite conure FB group. Someone decided I'm the type of person that needs my birds removed from my care, all over the fact that I use posted about using a dremel to take the sharp tip off my Caique's and Conure's beak because they get very aggressive with the other birds if I let them keep it. I also use it to safely trim everybirdy's nails. But I guess it's ok that other members take their birds to a vet to have it done. Yet I've seen at least two posts where people have lost birds due to a vets mishandling?!?

There are probably 5-8 regular members on GreyForums now. They have a brand new forum now thanks to Sukei's Dad who finally got Sukei moved stateside. He felt like he needed to do something for GF since they had been helping him all these years trying to find a way to get his bird home. The forum is almost dead now.