• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Wing twitching/fluttering

Pascal_

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Karolynn
Hello! So I have a year and a half old quaker who has recently started twitching/fluffing their wings close to their body only twice either while just sitting around or when preening someone, I’ve been reading everywhere and i cant seem to find anything about it besides i found another quaker owner who said something very similar on this forum, I’m concerned about a neurological issue or maybe a diet issue? It could also be a mating display but I’m not positive, I dont really want to call my vet as ive taken him there before and they dont seem all that professional ☹ I figured some fellow bird owners would understand or help me understand and ease my worries, if i get replies ill try and attach a video of the wing twitching! Thank you.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Footage is gonna be very helpful. It sounds like normal bird stuff but can’t be sure on a description alone.

Pascal_

Real Name
Karolynn
Footage is gonna be very helpful. It sounds like normal bird stuff but can’t be sure on a description alone.
http://instagr.am/p/CAvzvi-pq9m/
I managed to get a video of him “preening” me (This could also be aggression I dont know as hes only recently done this) and flipping his wings up once, he does this very often now where as hes never displayed the behavior before and sometimes he’ll flap them while biting at the air mimicking preening or even when hes preening himself

Last edited:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I do not think this is an urgent matter. @Mizzely what do you think? To me it looks like normal bird movements while he is enjoying himself- I am not familiar with Quakers though so hopefully Mizzely will give her opinion on this.

Pascal_

Real Name
Karolynn
I do not think this is an urgent matter. @Mizzely what do you think? To me it looks like normal bird movements while he is enjoying himself- I am not familiar with Quakers though so hopefully Mizzely will give her opinion on this.
thank you!!
I’m sorry if I posted it to the wrong forum! Im not familiar entirely with this forum and I worried that after I posted it ☹, However my concern was just the sudden twitchy behavior despite him being a quaker parrot i know they’re known for their special movements but i wasnt Sure if that went for wings too and i just wanted to make sure he was okay

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Hopefully Shawna (who is more familiar with Quakers) will be along soon to give you her opinion.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]