• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Window Perch Shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
I am looking for some help here. I would like one of those suction cup perches that you can put directly on the window glass and have your bird sitting right next to you. I would like a non slip perch for her feet (Red Bellied parrot) and maybe a little food cup on it too. Actually I am a little concerned that this type of thing might fall and I have seen one with three suction cups that looks good. I would just love to have Shadow by me without having here actually on my shoulder.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Anyone here with a store that carries these perches? :hmmm:

Jocund^eternal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I've heard quite a lot about the company called Wingdow, with great results. Perhaps someone with one of their products could help you with that?

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Nicky (SC) has a shower perch that we use on the kitchen window. If you dampen the suction cups, those things'll stay on the window for months without falling off. Many people use vet-wrap on slippery perches. My only complaint is, the place where he lands points right at him, so he hasn't figured out how to land on it. He instead lands on the window frame (a real no-no), so I have to move him onto the perch, but he loves it!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
We also have a wingdow and Holly and Cochise both love it. Aleta is a wonderful person to speak to and do business with.:)

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I also recommend the Wingdow. Kiwi has one and uses it constantly. Aleta is super sweet and really cares about satisfying her customers and making birds happy.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I have two Wingdows as well - Love them and well worth the money!

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a Wingdow .. it's the Cakes favorite thing to hang out on!! They have daily conversations with the Squirrels!!

I also have the Feathersmart shower perch that Carole linked to, just got it from Kathie a few weeks ago and love it!!

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I just have a plain shower perch with two suction cups (no food dish) and I like it although some days ralphie doesn't care if it means he will fall but he will pull the little suction pieces off. I really want a wingdow but I never use it outside the shower so until I have a bird room type area I don't have a need for it just yet. I highly reccomend a wingdow if you are just looking for a window type perch.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I also use a shower perch :)

2Birds3Kids

Walking the driveway
I made my own window perch out of PVC pipes and suction cups from the hardware store. I used it on the car window, house windows, mirror and shower. ~Page

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I made my own window perch out of PVC pipes and suction cups from the hardware store. I used it on the car window, house windows, mirror and shower. ~Page
I'm also curious.. how do you attach the suction cups, and what kind are they? I would love to make my own!

~*~ Sent from my phone, so please excuse any typos! ~*~

falsk

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
Honestly, one of the BEST items I have ever purchased for my parrot is my Wingdow. It's extremely sturdy, has a nice big wide dragonwood perch, a hook to hang a toy from, and a floor/base so you can put a little food crock on. It cleans up nicely with just a little hot water and it has little nubby feet so you can even set it on table/etc and VOILA! it's an instant table stand. It's perfect!

KatherinesBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
I checked out all of the mentioned perches and the ones I really love are just more than I can spend right now. I am going through my bills and feel like banging my head. I wonder if anyone could give me what parts they purchased to make one of their own?? I was in the hardware store yesterday and went down the aisle of pvc fittings and found elbow fittings and lots of other stuff.

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My window perch isn't being used at the moment (It's actually all taken apart at the moment) but I used two suction cup pieces that were meant for bathroom cups and toothbrushes that I got at the dollar store, a regular dowel perch, and tied together with fleece strips (I didn't have rope at the time and it is sturdy enough for my birds.) My birds aren't that heavy so I just stuck it on the window and it held up pretty good. Sammy enjoyed it when I had it upstairs on the window, although now that I'm downstairs I haven't put it back up. It's probably not a good permanent alternative, but if you want one and can't spend the money yet it's a good thing to make imo. You can also tie natural perches to it as well instead of a dowel perch. Another thing you could do is put dishes in the holes (I think they're a bit deep, so I was going to put dishes in them, but whatever works) so you can put food / water / treats.

The only issue is that it hugs the window so they can't turn around on it without hitting their tail against the glass. But if you have a small cage or something underneath you can put a ladder up so they can climb down whenever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.