1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Will they have pet quality if he gets a buddy

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by 2parrotsmom, 5/9/18.

1. 2parrotsmom

2parrotsmom Checking out the neighborhood

Lisa harrison
    Ok so I have a male Crimson belly an he's a great bird but I feel he is so social that he pretty much wants out of cage all day n wants my attention that he might could benefit from a birdie friend I'm thinking a ggc does anyone have any comments on this ?

faislaq likes this.
  2. BirdManDan

BirdManDan Rollerblading along the road Vendor

Dan
    If you can't give him all the time he needs because of having to work then if toys and Foraging opportunities is still not enough to keep him occupied while you are at work, then I feel a buddy would be great for him. They can be socialized to each other as well as to you and your family!

faislaq likes this.
  3. 2parrotsmom

Lisa harrison
    Ok thanks for your response I'm actually a stay at home mom n thru out the day he goes with me to laundry room he has a play stand n there but it's mainly n evening times when im more busy or just to tired to let him hang with me that he will start to squawk n that's why im thinking a buddy First im thinking I will bond with new bird by hand feeding n keep em separated for at lest couple mon then let then b friends

4. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    Birds generally do better with a buddy in general, and can definitely still be friends with humans :)

webchirp and faislaq like this.
  5. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    Our gcc Pistachio was very tame but needed a friend, so we adopted another. Scott came from a less-than-ideal home and is afraid of many things, including hands. So we had our bird and he had his bird. But seeing Pistachio interact with us was good for Scott; he started getting braver and would follow Pistachio farther and farther out of the cage and would even step onto our shoulders where the two of them would hang out. It was rewarding even though only one of ours was ever really a people bird because we knew they were both getting the companionship they needed. :)

Feather and webchirp like this.
  6. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    Where is Chandra when you need her?

webchirp, Monica and faislaq like this.
  7. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    :laugh: Probably busy with all of her cheekies!

jmfleish, webchirp and Monica like this.
  8. faislaq

Karen
  9. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative

Chandra
    Cheekies and toys!

Yes they can very much benefit from having a buddy. On the flip side, they could possibly dislike each other but I still think there is benefit in even that. I have many pairs that are still bonded to me and interact. The thing I have noticed is that pairs are less clingy but still want to interact with you.

camelotshadow, faislaq and jmfleish like this.
  10. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    :needpics:

webchirp likes this.
  11. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative

Chandra
    8543C592-DF4A-410F-A389-1B89BF93B738.jpeg

S/he stays with the flock of nine fosters when I am not with them and then when I get home, ditches the flock to be with me for kisses.

CrazyBirdChick, jmfleish and faislaq like this.
  12. webchirp

Chandra
    Amada on the right has three friends but when I am home sits next to my chair. Kari is a turd and prefers men.
    C4631F6E-7663-4497-8661-0D733608E900.jpeg
    trio.jpg

Jewel has two boyfriends and still loves to fly over for snuggles.
    jewl and zephyr.jpg

47227329-3A93-4289-85B4-58124E37CA81.jpeg

Bitty has ditched me for Maui but he was pretty flighty to begin with and Maui will visit occasionally...

bitty and mau.jpg

And my first pair...Happy and Chya

happy and chya.jpg

And there are some that are not people birds but they started out that way before they arrived. Those that like spending time with people still do.

And food/feeding is a good bonding time too.
    turquoise.jpg

13. faislaq

Karen

:heart::heart::heart: You are so lucky to have so many cuties with you!

TikiMyn and webchirp like this.
  14. jmfleish

Jen
    Chandra, you absolutely melt my heart!

faislaq, TikiMyn and webchirp like this.
  15. webchirp

Chandra
    :hug8:

16. webchirp

Chandra
    I personally would do hand feedings together. It's what I did with Chya...but Happy and Chya didn't share a cage initially.

faislaq likes this.
  17. 2parrotsmom

Lisa harrison
    O wow thanks so much for all the info I feel a lot better now about adding a friend I just want to do the right thing I loved all the pics

jmfleish, webchirp and faislaq like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)